iOS 16. What is your experience so far?

Downloaded it yesterday. No problems at all on a iPhone 11.

I like the new live lock screen. It’s not earth shattering but it gives me quick access to functions I use a lot.

The Fitness app is great for me. Again, I can keep track of my walking steps and calories burned at a glance.

Updated security with Passkeys which are taking over passwords.

12 Pro Max here....doin good. haven't really played around with new stuff yet though so eh.

I’ve been using it for about a month with the public beta. It works fine, but I don’t like the notifications showing up on the bottom. I’m missing a lot of notifications now.

I have a 7+ and have not downloaded it yet. I ordered a 14 Pro Max 1TB on Sunday and should have it next month so I will know then.
I am jealous. Isn't the 14 Promax capable of shooting in 8K? In that case you will need the 1TB.

I am jealous. Isn't the 14 Promax capable of shooting in 8K? In that case you will need the 1TB.
I was all ready to pull the trigger on a 13 Pro Max a few months ago, then my usual laziness set in and here we are. Everyone says the phone is huge, but I stopped by Costco (reference the other thread on the big donkey fans) and put my 7+ that lives in an Otterbox Defender on top and they are the same size.

Other than the notifications coming up from the bottom, nothing has really changed. Apple really needs to do something about their iOS notifications, they are a disaster. They've copied Android on everything else, why not that?

As a plus, they finally bought back the battery percentage in the taskbar, but wow is it ugly.

Other than the notifications coming up from the bottom, nothing has really changed. Apple really needs to do something about their iOS notifications, they are a disaster. They've copied Android on everything else, why not that?

As a plus, they finally bought back the battery percentage in the taskbar, but wow is it ugly.

I which they would add thinner fonts and icons for all this. I really don’t need a thick font to see the time. It could be smaller as well.

Same for the battery. Apple used to design attractive stuff.

My ear speaker quit working. Nothing, nada zilch. Restarted it and still nothing. Then 3 minutes later everything fine. Never happened before.

I like how you can edit the Lock Screen. I have an iPhone 12 mini. One of my favorite pics of my wife.

rcpeg.jpeg

Overall, I like it except for the new fast forward and rewind buttons that you get when you view a video within Safari. I much preferred those buttons being in the bottom left; made it way easier to skip through mid-video sponsorship messages on YouTube.

I've update it to new phone 13 last night too

iOS 16 is something of a major change in my experience, lots of apps on my phone did not follow with iOS change, many bugs reported

Back