Investing Strategies. What is your move?

Diesel prices at Flying J in California just hit $6 a gallon.

Higher diesel prices = Higher prices at the grocery store.

The lowest amount of oil in reserves since 1983. They can’t drain the SPR anymore to artificially lower inflation.

Last edited:
TD Ameritrade is now Charles Schwab and I’m learning how to navigate the CS website.

I like Fidelity website best due to the user interface and easy to use.
Me too. My 401K is still managed by Fidelity but the Professional wealth managemant Co. I use uses the Schwab tading platform.

I emailed them to ask the following:

How much, if any, does Schwabs current bond challenges directly affect my portfolios performance and safety?
Will there be any type of effect, postive or negative, on my portfolio from the TD Ameritrade merger?
Does my team generally consider SCHW an attractive buy at the moment?

Greatly condensed, their answers are 1) Schawb is in excellent health, and brokerage assets are well covered by SIPC insurance 2) the TD Ameritrade merger will be a clear positive for Schawb, making it even stronger and 3) They do not suggest any financial sector buys at the moment until more headwinds clear up.

All in all it seems very OK.

Made some changes in my 401K and was checking the fees for the investment options we have.
Good to see the fees charged by Fidelity keep dropping. (y)

No reason why a 401K should have crazy fees for something so basic.

IMG_5845.jpg

Last edited:
My 401k is still in SHORT TERM FIXED INCOME. The markets are flat, compared to two years ago, and are not beating inflation. So I´m just maximizing my employer match, and collecting interest.

I´m also loading up on savings, maximizing the high interest rates being offered. Also stacking some silver.
I want to get to 10k of market value silver eagles in my stash. Same amount in bank savings.
Silver-Gold is very undervalued in this market.

Made some changes in my 401K and was checking the fees for the investment options we have.
Good to see the fees charged by Fidelity keep dropping. (y)

No reason why a 401K should have crazy fees for something so basic.

View attachment 178575

Good to see. For many years I was stuck with choices offered by insurance companies that not only got their cut at the beginning but tried to get even more from me by pushing annuities at retirement.

The latest market outlook from American Century / Avantis.

Ahh... I see that media phrase in there "potential" right in the headline.
There is a potential that life in the USA can cease to exist from any number of countries with a nuke today right now as I type this ;)
(its ok, just my personal thing about the media, sometimes too much of it were there is a potential for anything and a story is written)

We and everyone here knows that rate hikes have the potential to overdo things and cause a recession which in reality is pretty much what they are shooting for, though a very mild one.

A mini recession imay be the only way to snap people back to spending reality and keep inflation under control. Unfortunately, a lot of inflation is a result of greed. People who make and sell products see the inflation train as an opportunity to ride for increased profits greed. Pile on and make more money when you can. 💲🤑💲

Unfortunately, a lot of inflation is a result of greed. People who make and sell products see the inflation train as an opportunity to ride for increased profits greed. Pile on and make more money when you can. 💲🤑💲
You might want to read this very good short piece from the Fed - explains the money supply side of the inflation. Greed is the mechanism that keeps our system going - it is inherent to the breakneck progress of the USA.

I used a little "fun money" from my house sale to pick up some AMC stock. I truly believe I got in early and got lucky: the stock is up 35% in the past month, and their upcoming Q3 earnings report should come in incredibly strong based on the performance of The Barbie Movie and Oppenheimer.

"GREED" is based on someone else's perception on how an individual should live a lifestyle instead of their own.

Talking about the stock market and perceptions... mine are not always right but MANY times they are. I think we are discounting the possible negative implications of current world events turning into something much more significant. Im on the fence but my eyes are not closed.

Last edited:
"GREED" is based someone else's perception on how an individual should live a lifestyle instead of their own.

Talking about the stock market and perceptions... mine are not always right but MANY times they are. I think we are discounting the possible negative implications of current world events turning into something much more significant. Im on the fence but my eyes are not closed.
Greed depends on which side of the deal you are on. Oh yeah, and welcome to Capitalism. Winners and losers. Capitalism has been very good to me because it fosters opportunity and innovation. And no place does that better than Silicon Valley.
Some may call it greed; that's their call.

Back