Interior Cleaning Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been using Turtle Wax Ice Interior Cleaner for my dash's vinyl, plastic and leather as it claims to be good at cleaning all surfaces, but I am wondering does anyone have success stories of something better. Will dress with a leather and vinyl protector to top off. Thanks

For leather (as well as my dash and all interior panels) I like Armor All Leather Protectant and Meguiar`s leather conditioner the best out of all the products I`ve tried.

I use 1Z Cockpit premium for my dash and vinyl, and I use Leather Masters protection cream for my leather seats. I prefer to use leather products from people that specialize in leather, and no greasy leather "conditioner" is going on my own or my customers protected leather.

As far as off-the-shelf stuff, they're all fairly similar. Buy what's on sale.

If you're willing to spend more and order off the Internet, the 1Z (Einszett) and Sonax products are top-tier.

I find that interior cleaning chemicals typically aren't necessary unless you've got a very heavily soiled surface. I just wipe everything down with a damp paper towel once a week and occasionally apply 303 Aerospace to protect it.

Leaning towards the Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel . Looks like it will be an upgrade over the Ice Interior Cleaner by Turtle Wax and cleans all surfaces from Plastics to Leather. Looking at the Leather Master's Creme for the leather inserts in my car and truck. Funny how seats use to be full leather and now they are just the seating surfaces.

Not sure I trust a product that can clean everything "from plastic to leather". Those are two VERY different surfaces.

1z deep Plastic cleaner for rougher plastics (kick panels/exterior, etc)
1z cockpit premium for more 'delicate' areas - dash top, console, 'cockpit', etc.

Those 2 have served me well for several years, and gives a wonderful matter OEM look and finish.

Originally Posted By: FastEddie
I use 1Z Cockpit premium for my dash and vinyl, and I use Leather Masters protection cream for my leather seats. I prefer to use leather products from people that specialize in leather, and no greasy leather "conditioner" is going on my own or my customers protected leather.

Leather Masters products seem of high quality

used a old spray bottle and made up a home brew of about 1 oz Woolite liquid laundry detergent to about 24 oz water works well can be used on leather vinyl plastic etc. and the price is right.............

Originally Posted By: navcanman
used a old spray bottle and made up a home brew of about 1 oz Woolite liquid laundry detergent to about 24 oz water works well can be used on leather vinyl plastic etc. and the price is right.............

To clean the leather prior to conditioning,this method wins wands down.

comparo pic of Auto Finesse, Adams and 1Z CP:
from here:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/prod...z-einszett.html
intcleaners4.jpg

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
To clean the leather prior to conditioning,this method wins wands down.

*hands down* I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back