Im done hearing that fram sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
+100000000. perfect analogy.-Martin baker or some russian seat that kills you?
Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Another analogy/way to look at this:

I spent the first 1/3 of my 29 year career in the Marines flying. It's hard to describe the feeling of strapping into a seat that with one flick of your wrist, can blast you straight through the plexiglass, 300 feet up in an eyeblink or two.

Though I had more close calls than I care to remember, I never had to take the rocket ride myself (one war story, and a compressed spine, that I can do without...).

But I sure wanted that rocket seat to be perfect and as overbuilt as possible just in case I ever did need to pull the handle.

So, which would you rather stake your life on -- a FRAM ejection seat, or one that's built to the hilt? Oh, and you can get "built to the hilt" for the same money as the just-good-enough FRAM.

So, if it was your life instead of just your engine, which would it be???????

Do I really have too? A "Fram ejection seat"? It's an oil filter, there all millions of Fram oil filters in use. Use whatever oil filter you want too. Are we over thinking this a bit? I'm sure Fram isn't the only filter that has a failure.

Originally Posted By: rangerfan24
its a hyperbole. Extreme exageration for affect...

No, that's not correct. Phrase the issue however you want. In fact, feel free to take that as a challenge. Which would you rather use -- the filter with a big margin for error, or the one with little or no margin for error? Personally, I'll take the large margin. Frankly, I could not care less which you choose to use. But I will NEVER give in to the "it's good enough" mentality that justifies the poor build quality of the Fram.

For the fifteenth bazillion time, will one of you Fram worshipers please explain why you would not choose the stronger, better-built filter that you can have for the same money as a Fram???????? NOBODY EVER seems to want to answer this question, no matter how many times I ask it. . ." That tells me what I need to know!

Nope, not unless some miraculous change happens, will you ever see an orange can on one of my valued automobiles. . .

See this thread that I just posted... Has pictures of a PH-16 after 10K KM (6K Miles) ...

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1520244

FRAM:
ff163.jpg

AMSOIL:
filter.JPG

Same mileage... Enough Said!

Originally Posted By: Buick92
Do I really have too? A "Fram ejection seat"? It's an oil filter, there all millions of Fram oil filters in use. Use whatever oil filter you want too. Are we over thinking this a bit? I'm sure Fram isn't the only filter that has a failure.

No, we're not "overthinking" this in the least. An oil filter is not some unimportant side thought. If one collapses, or permits a constant flow of unfiltered oil, then engine disaster is just around the corner.

The question is not whether or not Fram is the only filter that has failed (of course, it is not!), the real question is which design has the best chance of performing through any realistic OCI. On this score, the CL filters are light years ahead of the Frams.

That one (EAO) looks identical to the one I ran for 20K KM (12K Miles)... That is why I'm staying with them. If you divide the cost by 4 (number of times you would have to change a standard filter) it's the same cost. You have less waste and less mess and superior flow/filtration. It's the obvious choice for me.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ryland
Im done hearing that fram sucks!

Ooops, I guess you're not done after all. . .

Not as long as I'm breathing, posting, and A.S. is still building the OCOD.

I've learned my lesson, I'll never again use another fram oil filter. I will not support the evil empire known as fram anymore, to those whom I have offended by using a fram oil filter I'm sorry. If I can make it through this short oil change interval I will consider myself blessed and will move on to another brand of oil filter. Good bye fram.

Nine OCI's and 3 Auto-Rx treatments and I'll absolve you of your sins, my son. Remember to genuflect as you pass your oil shrine.

Go in peace.

grin2.gif

It's hard to move on, like losing a close friend, but now I can be one of the cool kids. Darn you fram!

FRAM was never really your friend, my friend. :no-no:

I've learned my lesson, I'll never again use another fram oil filter. I will not support the evil empire known as fram anymore, to those whom I have offended by using a fram oil filter I'm sorry. If I can make it through this short oil change interval I will consider myself blessed and will move on to another brand of oil filter. Good bye fram.

welcome2.gif
to the good side!
banana2.gif

No, that's not correct. Phrase the issue however you want. In fact, feel free to take that as a challenge. Which would you rather use -- the filter with a big margin for error, or the one with little or no margin for error? Personally, I'll take the large margin. Frankly, I could not care less which you choose to use. But I will NEVER give in to the "it's good enough" mentality that justifies the poor build quality of the Fram.

For the fifteenth bazillion time, will one of you Fram worshipers please explain why you would not choose the stronger, better-built filter that you can have for the same money as a Fram???????? NOBODY EVER seems to want to answer this question, no matter how many times I ask it. . ." That tells me what I need to know!

Nope, not unless some miraculous change happens, will you ever see an orange can on one of my valued automobiles. . .

happy2.gif
Get some help, please
happy2.gif

p.s. Fram sux

Originally Posted By: Cmarti

happy2.gif
Get some help, please
happy2.gif

p.s. Fram sux

Muahahaha -- the only help I need is for some Fram apologist to explain why he selects flimsy Frams over the well-built Champ Labs filters. . .
cheers3.gif

For the same reason someone still pays out the butt for M1 when PP is as good or better......

...runs for flame suit!.....

The answer is you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Or other answers.....

1) The Fram is two steps closer than the e-core Super Techs at Walmart

2) The orange can matches my "Hot Stuff" floor mats.

3) Dad said to always use Fram.

4) I don't care, give me an oil filter.

5) I've used Fram forever, why change?

The wall of orange is all that is left. Now that they dropped the ST 3950, I don't like the ST 3593A they suggest, too small and the dome end bypass. I made a list of what the local Wal-Mart does have and ran down the descriptions. Nothing else with the 20mm 1.5 thread.

When I was in Pennsylvania last week, I did check several Wal-Marts there and no clearance ST 3950's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back