If AutoRX works so well- and so do bypass filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldnt you theoretically run it... forever, until it burns/depeletes/diluted out?

In theory, the RX dissolves/disapates old sludge/particles, etc etc. It resuspends it in the oil, which then the regular filter tries to take out.

THen, if you have a bypass filter, it should filter all the suspended sub micron particles out as well.

THeoretically, shouldnt you be able to just keep changing filters, and run autorx for 10k, and really clean things up?

I'd put this question in the bypass filter section. People there have more experience with those types of filters and it's the FILTER, not the ARX that seems to be the main focus of the question.

Possibly, I'd say. It depends on how you look at it. Its more because there's a clean/rinse phase, which I think is designed to remove the suspended gunk, as well as remove the ARX.

So if the ARX doesnt give up working, you still might have to remove it, just so the rinse phase can work.

Removing sludge will take the full chemistry of Auto-Rx and 1500 miles cleaning is all you want to do. This is a good benchmark for any other cleaning also.

On non cleaning issues We are testing is to prove that Auto-Rx Maintenance Plan used after Auto-Rx has cleaned engine will easily double the useful life of any oil.

Making it safe to extend oil change frequency and to have more money for gas. (reducing cost of mile to operate)

We are looking at filter also (nothing exotic) will definitely post results.

I suspect that ARX would have that bypass filter in bypass mode pretty quickly. The encapsulating part of its operation should restrict flow on the extra filter in short order. Change your oil and filters at Franks recomendations.

In theory, a bypass filter cleans the oil, and Auto-RX cleans the engine, not the oil. In the right combination, you could have an engine that would be in great condition when the car fell apart. Most, just don't keep their cars long enough to bother. For those that due, it would be great setup. And, the filter could be transferred to your next car. Your only problem is that the installation of a bypass filter is often a real pain. If you read my first post, I had a Falcon from the mid 60's to the mid 90's, with a Frantz toilet paper filter on the oil, gas and auto-trans and never changed the enging oil or transmission fluid, just makeup with the tp was changed. I also had a Perry water filter and never changed the coolant, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back