If a tree falls in the forest, and no one hears it

Status
Not open for further replies.
it still leaves a giant dent in your car.

[img:center]
small.jpg
[/img]

oh well, not getting this one fixed; @ almost 200K miles I'm beginning to graduate into the prospect of driving a beater again.

Somewhat similar thing happened to me a few years back. A bunch of shingles or roofing tiles or something flew out of a semi truck trailer when I was passing it on the interstate.

This was the result:

dentpt5.jpg

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Somewhat similar thing happened to me a few years back. A bunch of shingles or roofing tiles or something flew out of a semi truck trailer when I was passing it on the interstate.

This was the result:

dentpt5.jpg

Did you take down his info? I always wondered if you got hit by a blowout or gravel flying out of the top of a dumptruck could you get paid back for your damages.

I had a dent like that in a hyundai accent. The bracing under the hood became detached which lead to a vibration or some sort of similar havoc.

You could reshape that to closer to original. From above with the "ding king" or from below, gentle tapping with a rubber hammer and/or a block of wood to spread the force out.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

This was the result:

dentpt5.jpg

Did you take down his info? I always wondered if you got hit by a blowout or gravel flying out of the top of a dumptruck could you get paid back for your damages.

I didn't even know the hood was dented until a few days later! I got out of my car and just glanced at the hood and was like WHAT!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28

I always wondered if you got hit by a blowout or gravel flying out of the top of a dumptruck could you get paid back for your damages.

YES! It is always important that you secure your load when ever you take one out on the road, regardless of what it is. You are responsible for what you are hauling. A big problem here in wisconsin is the semi drivers wont shovel off their trailers after a snow fall, and it will freeze. When they go to get on the freeway, it all slides towards the back of the semi and onto any car behind. This kind of thing can be deadly, unfortuantly alot of people dont think before they throw things in the back of a pick up truck, ect. If you are ever a victim in an incident like this, get the info, pull over and call the police unless you can catch up with them and try to work it out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eljefino
I had a dent like that in a hyundai accent. The bracing under the hood became detached which lead to a vibration or some sort of similar havoc.

You could reshape that to closer to original. From above with the "ding king" or from below, gentle tapping with a rubber hammer and/or a block of wood to spread the force out.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back