I painted my lawn today

I live in the PNW and we do get a lot of rain 9 months out of the year, people don’t know this but we pretty much get zero rain in the summer. It use to be July, August, and half of September. The last couple of years it has been May-September, last year we didn’t get any rain until mid October.

My house doesn’t have an irrigation system and I let the grass go dormant for the summer. I had money to waste and bought this grass paint from Lowes for $26 a quart. I used 1 1/4 bottles because I only used 7oz per gallon of water. You can use 6oz-12oz depending how dark you want the grass. I wanted to make sure the two bottles would be enough, so I only used 7oz mixtures. It looks good from 50 feet away.

IMG_4095.jpeg

IMG_4097.jpeg

IMG_4096.jpeg

In 2007 or so when not many houses were breaking the $500K mark in my hood, dude across the road did the deep green paint early summer. Sold. $520K. By November or so, the lawn was green naturally. Guy that bought it didn't care.

In 2021 we sold for above $1Meg. No need to paint lawn (closed in April) hahahaha.

Reactions: JC1
Curious why you don't just water it with a sprinkler? Not a bad choice to paint with that much brown but just wondering.
My water bill is already high and watering the lawn with those whirlybird sprinklers would be a losing battle. Asked me how I know.

My neighbor had that fake synthetic grass laid down, which is essentially some kind of hi-tec plastic. I didn’t think it would last six months here in the desert. Well, that was six years ago, and still looks nice. It doesn’t even look fake. 🤷‍♂️

Did it again. I guess I only used 5oz the first time since I was using a old rice cooker measuring cup. I never knew the 1 cup rice cooker cup is only 6oz, not 8oz. I used 9oz per gallon this time.

IMG_4256.jpeg

IMG_4257.jpeg

Back