I HATE POLLEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
especially on a black car !!! this is on my wife's Elantra (black)...my lt blue tbird hides it a bit better...

look at the windshield !! Yuckz !!!

pollen.jpg

Been there done that. If it's not cleaned off good enough it will start growing. It will be done in may in NC. Then sap. Those wipers are streaking.

Last edited:
Yep, same deal here. We don't have regular snow, and surely enough of the "yellow snow" to last a lifetime this spring!

I dislike the pollen for the reason the OP posted, though generally it comes off easily with a strong rinse/spray of water.

Living in the metropolis of Buies Creek in/near the sandhills of eastern part of the state, I would expect much of that is pine pollen. It really lays down a coat of yellowish powder when it gets going strong. Now, if you get pine pitch (spray or spots) on the vehicle, removing it is another matter.

What bothers me more though is what it usually does to my sinuses. This year with all the rain the pollen is roaring. But, between the Zyrtec/ZyrtecD and generic Flonase I seem to be staying ahead(knock wood) of it this year. I really thought that's what this post was about before I saw it was in the photo section and saw the pic.

Originally Posted By: defektes
white is the best color.

I don't think so. I've owned two white ones, two black ones, and a variety of others (burgundy red, mid-blue, silver, gold, etc.). White just shows other types of dirt, particularly the darker stuff. And on top of that, ANYTHING with a tendency to stain will be there, and visible, forever. Purple berry bird poo probably stains black paint the same as it does white paint, you just can't see it on the black paint. Pollen hoses off in seconds. And black has that classic look. White cars, even "upscale" ones, look to me like they belong to the government...

It RAINED last night: and cars are CLEAN again!! (for how long idk)

white cars: not much fun with detailing - doesn't show shine/gloss very well, and can never enjoy doing anything with them - hiding pollen better may be the only advantage.

I've been reading that pollen has been really bad all across the southeast U.S this spring. Maybe because it was wetter than normal this winter?

They say the pollen is worse this year than it has been since record keeping began in 1997. A quick trip through the car wash keeps the vehicles looking presentable. It has even challenged the drugs this year....... lol

I just read a local article stating pollen is about 10x what it typically is around here. The count was 8000. Typical is 800-1000.

It's getting closer! I was hoping that it would stay confined to the south. The oak trees that surround our house are just starting to bud out here. Fear the trees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back