I HAD to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral

SatinSilver, I think I've seen "grill" applied to cars, but I suspect it's mainly a British usage. You're right, though: You'd never cook burgers on a "grille."

This is the fault of that american....

MB-Grille1.jpg

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
OK, I have two questions:

Is it 1980's music or 1980s music ?

Is it Honda Accord's or Honda Accords ?

Really?

33.gif

IBTL...

I love it...

and yes, Mobil/Mobile was going to be my next one.

Originally Posted By: finmile
Mobile 1. Their I said it! Peace of cake. I could care less...

If only I had a bunch of Mobil oil bottles, I could make a Mobil mobile.

Originally Posted By: finmile
Mobile 1. Their I said it! Peace of cake. I could care less...

Very nice! And if you use that oil the Who know what happens.

And that brings us to Who, Whom, Whose and Who's.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Alot

I've had people argue with me that alot is really a word.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Spelling police are a bunch of loosers.

So I'm curious what it is that we are loosening?

It's not only about spelling, it's also about conveying your meaning. And I realize it is a losing game.

Last edited:
What is your choise? (...sorry, I mean't "your chooce"). Silicon or nitrile ADBV?

I like the silicon ADBV more, because its not so hard and brittle than the nitrile one. Thought, its not going to matter mutch if the wether is nice and warm
smile.gif

Thanks alot! Your wellcome.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Spelling police are a bunch of loosers.

So I'm curious what it is that we are loosening?

It's not only about spelling, it's also about conveying your meaning. And I realize it is a losing game.

Don't you mean it's a "loosing" game? Lol!

I hope no one cares about these minor details when posting on internet boards. Typing on a smart phone is not easy (fat thumbs) along with autocorrect. As long as the message gets across there is no need for exact spelling and punctuation.

OMG. LOL. IMO.

People should care. When you write, especially on an Internet board, it expresses your thought process for the entire world to see. Proper grammar and spelling help you to be understood and clearly express your thoughts and ideas. It also makes what you have to say much more credible; if you are attempting to build a reputation, good grammar and spelling are critical skills.

Good grammar and spelling also tell the reader that you are educated enough and care enough about the subject that you are discussing to take the time to make your thoughts readable, and your opinion clear.

While you do have a choice, you lose credibility and appear ignorant when your writing is sloppy and done in "smart phone" style. You can choose to appear to be of the "LOL, OMG or IMO" mentality, or you can choose to make your thoughts clearly understood to the reader. That choice is never a "minor" detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back