I asked Amsoil....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I sent Amsoil a technical e-mail and asked them why they don't make a UCL when they make a whole ton of other products.

The guy (Kurt Swagert) that answered me said that he would send the recommendation to the appropriate department.

I think if Amsoil were to make a UCL it would be the bee's knee so to speak.

There isn't too much on the market that offers quality UCL other than MMO IMO.

Thoughts???

Redline SI-1 and Lucas UCL. I know Lucas gets a bad rap as a cleaner but is it not decent as a UCL? The Redline is both a healthy dose of PEA and a UCL. Amsoil could make a nice P.I. plus with UCL built in or a separate product that you add an ounce or two per tank.

In addition to the above:

- RLI BioPlus
- Lube Control FP Plus

As far as I know, both of those are cleaners with UCL properties.

I know there are other things on the market... But I wanted an Amsoil product that cleans/lubricates and does a super job like the rest of their product line...

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
Originally Posted By: tig1
What's UCL?

I was wunderin the same thing... I think its Upper Cylinder Lubricant

yes "Upper Cylinder Lubricant"

Personally, Lucas is about as good as it gets for something you can buy in the store. I have tried lots of products, but Lucas is the only one that makes the inside of my exhaust look shiny after a couple of uses.

Originally Posted By: KLowD9x
Personally, Lucas is about as good as it gets for something you can buy in the store. I have tried lots of products, but Lucas is the only one that makes the inside of my exhaust look shiny after a couple of uses.

I ran a personal Lucas experiment myself a few years back -- no shiny exhaust for me. . .

Originally Posted By: MrBiglund
I get better results with tcw3 supertech 600:1 ratio added to gas. Better then Lucas.

Yeah, I don't trust the stuff yet since some people have been saying it coats emission control devices.

Wideband O2 sensors and three way cats that are as long as my leg are not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back