Husqvarna String Trimmer Gearbox Grease??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting ready to do the winter service on my Husqvarna trimmer and want to lube the gearbox, but can't find the grease the manual recommends, the "Husqvarna Special Grease".
I'm guessing that it is just a gimick, and that it really is just a good high temp multipurpose grease, but am not sure.
My, easily available choices are Mystic Hi Temp Red gease, Green Grease and Synpower Grease. What do you guys think I should use. I'd be ok with taking the head apart and flushing out the old Husqy gease, so I could keep from cross contamination of grease types and then be able to know what to use in the future. I do this stuff in the winter which provides plenty of time.

If the husqvarna does the grease for trimmer like stihl does it it might be worth getting a tube. Stihl puts it in a tube that screws into the head.

The heads don't take much grease. As long as you can't see the gears you don't need to add any. If you can see them give them a squirt.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Don't know about the Husky, but I use M1 grease in all my OPE gearboxes. And, I have a few "toys" that's for sure.

I put M1 grease in my Husky trimmer, brush cutter & hedge trimmer for the last several years. Works great!

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Don't know about the Husky, but I use M1 grease in all my OPE gearboxes. And, I have a few "toys" that's for sure.

I put M1 grease in my Husky trimmer, brush cutter & hedge trimmer for the last several years. Works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back