Humorous OCI situation

The saga of an awakened 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis deepened today as mileage use data was revealed.
The oil was changed at a Florida chain shop 6 years ago. 2,099 miles were driven during that time.
Would you change the oil (ha-ha)?
Comments welcome.

For example: I believe it was during this fill's 6 year run 5W-20 superseded 5W-30. Will the car explode? Thick vs Thin, I know.

What would you do?

I'm leaning toward a 0W-40.

I'd change it ... six years is a long time even if only 2100 miles on the oil. If it was only 1 to 1-1/2 years, might go a while longer before changing. But you don't know how many short trips it had.

Change it. You don't know what's in there and six years is a long time. I would put a 5w-20 in your 4.6.

6 years? Change the oil just to be sure the drain plug is not seized LOL. Whatever oil is in there seems to have lasted, I would keep running the same. Without more information, I would use 5w30 in that engine in New York.

This is a 22 year old New York driven car?
Yeah, I'd probably change the oil......but after I'd driven it a while to make sure it wasn't going to lay down on you for some reason. Sitting 6 years isn't a recipe for reliability.
The oil/filter investment may double the value of the car......

Their is a saying like oil cheap,engine not.I maintain fleets of car's and SUV max. of 6 months interval,twice a year and regular check of oil level.

Oddly, the car spent it's earliest years in Florida as it was cheaper to buy and keep a Florida car than rent one.
It's last oil change (the only thing I know about except for the fact that it has a replaced Fuel pump) was August 2006...2099 miles ago

The real kicker would be adding a can of 134...the AC blows ambient temperature air.

I’d put a good-quality 10W-30 in it, and drive it to get the cobwebs out. Maybe put some FI cleaner in with the (new?) gas.

Back