Hummer is dead. Deal to Chinese firm fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Paul56
Originally Posted By: dsmith41
Yeah, boutique brand was all I ever saw them as. Way too expensive both initially and with fuel costs. I personally will be glad to see them go. The H1 is a beast but they have been watering them down more and more with every new model. I hate seeing Hummers, with brush guards, in the big city.
33.gif

"Brush Guards" were relabeled "Pedestrian Guards" for urban use.

lol.gif

Aren't there laws against brush guards in some cities because of pedestrian accidents? I seem to recall that it was worse to be hit by a car with a brush guard, than by the same car without it.

Back on topic: I loved my H3. Even with the weak 3.5 engine.

Originally Posted By: MegaCorp
Originally Posted By: cousincletus
Originally Posted By: defektes
Rather have it dead than in chinese hands.

Agree.

I bet the workers don't feel that way....

I agree with the "rather have it dead" option. The plants that hummers are built in, if GM is smart, will convert them to build small cars, or shift production of some of the large full sized SUVs. GMBoy has attested that the only plant they are making them at, is running at full capacity.

The price of a barrel of oil should drop a couple bucks just on this news alone.
lol.gif

Imagine a couple hundred million hummers rolling around china.
33.gif

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
Originally Posted By: MegaCorp
Who will be building Hummers for the military?

AM General will continue to build them.

Military is replacing the Hummer with another vehicle built by Oshkosh

Originally Posted By: dsmith41
. . . I hate seeing Hummers, with brush guards, in the big city.
33.gif

Hate might be a bit too strong a term for me. Having spent a few of the middle years of my 29 as a Marine in the Motor Transport MOS, I just laugh when I see any flavor of H-anything in the city. Yeah, it's a free country (sort of...), which of course means that poseurs are free to pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back