HUGE RIP OFF AIRFILTER PRICE

I was just browsing the Dennis Kirban website. I have an 87 Buick GN I have owned since new and I was just browsing to see what all he had. Now way back in the day I bought a lot of stuff from him (even been to his house for a Buick show!) ....but haven't paid attention to him in years. He used to be a fair guy but he refused to honor his lifetime warranty on a power master brake system I purchased from him so I stopped buying from him. Searching his catalog tonight I see he is really price gouging uneducated Buick Turbo owners!!! He wants $76.95 for an AC Delco air filter!!!!! It is only $9.46 on Rockauto and probably $30 at a dealership. He should be ashamed!

Oh wow! I used a small company in Alabama back in the day, can’t remember their name. I bought a radiator, bumper fillers, high pressure fuel pump etc from them. Always fair prices and really nice people. I was always wary of Kirban for some reason and rarely used him. A friend had a minor verbal run in with him at the Buick Nationals one year confirming what I suspected. My 87 GN is one car I wish I had never sold!

Details, please.
How long has this vendor been around? ..can't judge his business or character, need more.
He has been around 40+yrs. He started with GTO's then when the Buick GN's came out he branched out into that business and he has a STRONG following and reputation as the GTO and BUICK TURBO REGAL place to go to. He is very knowledgeable and respected in the community. I met him several times and he even makes repo GTO and GN parts. I am not knocking his quality or knowledge - just these prices are insane. I am just amazed that he is gouging so much. He as AC Delco parts on the site all marked way up.

Oh wow! I used a small company in Alabama back in the day, can’t remember their name. I bought a radiator, bumper fillers, high pressure fuel pump etc from them. Always fair prices and really nice people. I was always wary of Kirban for some reason and rarely used him. A friend had a minor verbal run in with him at the Buick Nationals one year confirming what I suspected. My 87 GN is one car I wish I had never sold!
He came across as a goof ball, and odd guy. I sometimes disagreed with him with some of his statements about the car and how it was built. He never set foot in a GM factory but made claims how certain things were done and when I called him out he flatly would not believe me. The refusal to honor his warranty was my last straw and that was back around 1995. I used to subscribe to his newsletters too.

Got to price shop!
For example, a NAPA GOLD air filter...made in China was going for like 38 dollars, when all the other air filters, STP, Silver, etc. was 12-25 dollar price range....

I am chill and smart enough to know a price gouge when I see it. It was posted more for the humor and amazement of the price tag.
I don't know this seller and I agree price gouging is hilarious, making you laugh at how crazy the price is.. but @Kantaro pointing out that this other guy Castle bought out the business really makes me think he's the one jacking up the prices but using Kirban's name. The craziest part was the quote (from the link @Kantaro posted) when Kirban says ... here's the quote " Paul will no longer allow me to continue the weekly Inner Circle on the Kirban Performance website" wow.. won't let him? What is he? his caregiver?! odd very odd..

just something I noticed..

Back