HPL ATF Green CC or Amsoil ATL?

For a newer 4Runner with the A750-F 5-speed that calls for Toyota WS. Both fluids look good on paper with maybe a slight nod to Amsoil, and I can get 5 gallons delivered to my door of either for nearly the exact same cost of $294 (yes, I used the BITOG discount and have an Amsoil account). They are within a dollar of each other. Which would you go with?

HPL Green CC:
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100˚C, cSt (ASTM D445) 6.3
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40˚C, cSt (ASTM D445) 32.1
Viscosity Index (ASTM D2270) 152
Pour Point ˚C (˚F) (ASTM D97) -66 (-87)
Flash Point ˚C (˚F) (ASTM D92) 217 (423)
Brookfield Viscosity @ -40˚C, cP (ASTM D2983) ??

Amsoil ATL:
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100˚C, cSt (ASTM D445) 6.3
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40˚C, cSt (ASTM D445) 30.8
Viscosity Index (ASTM D2270) 159
Pour Point ˚C (˚F) (ASTM D97) -65 (-85)
Flash Point ˚C (˚F) (ASTM D92) 224 (435)
Brookfield Viscosity @ -40˚C, cP (ASTM D2983) 7676

Edited to add: I don't tow but the vehicle is loaded and I drive very spirited in the mountains, etc.

For a newer 4Runner with the A750-F 5-speed that calls for Toyota WS. Both fluids look good on paper with maybe a slight nod to Amsoil, and I can get 5 gallons delivered to my door of either for nearly the exact same cost of $294 (yes, I used the BITOG discount and have an Amsoil account). They are within a dollar of each other. Which would you go with?
I've been running Amsoil ATL atf in my Toyota 2wd FJ Cruiser A750e five speed auto for the last 175k miles, since Dec of 2010. It has 229k miles now. No issues. I also run a remote mounted spin-on atf filter setup.

I sure HPL green is good stuff too.

I get lucky and find people selling their Amsoil stash CHEAP on FB marketplace from time to time.

curious as how a fluid like above changes shift characteristic. Probably an improvement. Crisper, but yet smoother shifts, I bet, or I hope as I want to go this route also in my `18 T4R when it is due.

I cant say anything about HPL one way or another but I have had a lot of experience with Amsoil ATF, manual gearbox and diff fluids and never been disappointed with any of them, after over 100k in one vehicle the unit is still spotlessly clean and the fluid looks good running their atf fluid.
I do run Mobil Delvac 1 atf in dex III spec units with the same results. I am sure the HPL is similar, If someone told me most of these fluids are using base stocks from Mobil I wouldn't be surprised (not saying that is a fact), adding a dye makes no difference to the performance.

Check out the similarities, to me it looks like they are all tarred with pretty much the same brush. This is for the normal ATF not the LV but I think you will find those are similar also. To answer your question, personally I like to stay with what has given me outstanding results so my money is on the Amsoil if the price is close.

Amsoil ATF.jpg

Mobil Delvac 1
Mobil Delvac 1.jpg

HPL ATF.jpg

Last edited:
Changing to Green CC was a noticeable improvement
I get a rush when putting it in tiptronic because sometimes, it feels like butter.

I've never experienced smooth shifting like this in any automatic

some relevant info

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 8.29.20 AM.png

Last edited:
Looking forward to a report on how well you think HPL CC Green ATF performs in your application (if you’re so inclined to do so).

Looking forward to a report on how well you think HPL CC Green ATF performs in your application (if you’re so inclined to do so).
I'm just now set to drain the red stuff and start the refill.
New exhaust first...
Controller is an SGA unit, and since the trans is from a 5.7 Hemi RAM it will need re-flash for the 413 Industrial, so a real road test is some weeks off.

IMG_5337.JPG

Back