How to get a big phablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, right now I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, which is pretty nice, and paid for. However, I notice there are some phones that have up to a 7" screen (Huawei in particular). I don't see any of the carriers selling these giant phones, so I guess I have to order it somewhere and make it work with my carrier?

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Who is your preferred carrier?

Right now, I'm with T-Mobile. I'm not sure they're my "preferred" carrier, but they've been a [censored] of a lot better than Sprint. Since my phone is paid for, I guess I could use any carrier I want.

Originally Posted By: Stelth
OK, right now I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, which is pretty nice, and paid for. However, I notice there are some phones that have up to a 7" screen (Huawei in particular). I don't see any of the carriers selling these giant phones, so I guess I have to order it somewhere and make it work with my carrier?

Correct, you'd need to import it from a market where it is sold (Asia, Europe, etc). You'll need to do some research on the T-Mobile LTE bands if you expect to take full advantage of their LTE network.

This ignores the entire issue of warranty coverage or support, of course.

You will be disappointed severely with most of those cheap devices often only using dual core processors while flagship use quad and octa cores.

The note 4 is still a good upgrade from the note 3 and can be had for good deals too

I bought a Huawei Ascend Mate 2 from Walmart for $169. It's a 6.1 inch screen unlocked GSM phone. Quad core with 4000mah battery that easily gets me four days between charges. It's quite snappy. You would just need to get a SIM card from your carrier and pop it in and activate the phone. I switched from Verizon to prepaid service and cut my bill by 70%. The phone is a big upgrade from what I had and is free of bloatware. Read some reviews of the phone, they're very positive. Two year warranty on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back