How to clean undercarriage after hitting deer.

Wife ran over a dead deer last night. There is blood and hair ALL over the undercarriage of her Jetta. In every nook and cranny. Best product to clean up? Don’t want to use something corrosive or that will remove the factory body wax.

I agree with DriveHard.

When my wife hit a live deer a few years back there was hair that was stuck between the tire and the rim for quite a while but other than that 99.9% of it was gone in a few weeks.

Do you have a sprinkler you can stick under the car and slide it around?

This is an ideal tool if you have a pressure washer. Hook the pressure washer garden hose to the hot spicket of your washer for more cleaning power:

It might be funny to go through one of those auto car washes with the undercarriage options, and keep an eye on the folks behind you. 😁

I'd take it to the local car wash and get the upgrade package that includes underbody wash, hot wax, and tire dressing.

I'd spray it off soapy with 10$ at the self wash. then get it up on ramps and inspect.

not much else you can do... well trade it in I guess 😁.

But seriously pressure washer is definitely a great first step..
or the powerwasher spray broom attachment although I wouldnt go buy one specifically for this.

My jeep has about 19 rock chips on it. the first few were painful, but its not a collector car.. Life is going to happen to it.

Coworker hit her other car in driveway. did 2700$ to her at the time 6 month old CRV.

Got that fixed.. and 3 weeks later got blasted by a deer had fur chunks hanging all over the side of car.

While very upsetting it is not anything that cant be fixed.. well except it needed repainted... but she didnt trade it in.

I would take a jack and stands to a coin-op car wash and start spraying and brushing.

IMO I don't think you get much out of the underbody jets

Sorry that happened to your Wife, not nice experience for her.

My experience is that it may take deliberate work if you want to remove every single sign of the deer. In 1986, I hit a deer on I94 on Christmas Eve, in my 1980 El Camino. I still own this El Camino, and it still has sign of the deer hit to include a bone and deer hair deep in the front bumper.

You definitely want to get that stuff off the undercarriage. Bambi's bodily fluids and goobers are corrosive. Being a little flip there :LOL: , but animal blood, digestive components, urine and fecal matter, and tissue really are corrosive to metals if allowed to remain.

Wife ran over a dead deer last night. There is blood and hair ALL over the undercarriage of her Jetta. In every nook and cranny. Best product to clean up? Don’t want to use something corrosive or that will remove the factory body wax.
fork, one of the nicer ones which are more sturdy

Back