How often do you grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always old school, LOF every 2000 miles, no matter what the conditions. After becoming a BIOTG member I have stretched it to 3000 miles. I am considering PP and 4000 miles on my 08 Jeep Liberty, but that will be tough for me to handle emotionally......LOL

My question is this: I see people here doing extended OC services to 1 year, some 10,000 + miles on some of the synthetics. How often should the front end be greased for normal driving conditions?

Thanks,
Frank D

I know of several people that are using our synthetic grease to fit in with their extended drains on chassis that have grease fittings.

If you can find any zerc fittings about once every 6 months. You might also consider a good quality synthetic grease.

I like to use Amsoils water resistant grease for most everything. Don't forget to take the weight off the lower A arms when giving it a shot of grease.

Anymore now day's zerc fittings are being replaced with components lubed/greased for life.

When I get the jeeps on a lift. This is usually every 6 months ..maybe sooner. There's a bunch of fittings on there ..more if you've replaced any U-joints.

I grease every oil change on my personal vehicles. When we were trucking, big trucks, we greased every week. The water would pour out of the spots as grease went in, makes you a believer of greasing. In the winter in the Nothern States, I would recommend you grease more often than every oil change.

I grease the front of my GMC Yukon every 6,000 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first. I remove the front tires and let the ball joints get lubed without weight on them.
Interestingly, there's a zerk on the right idler arm that CANNOT be greased when the wheels are straight ahead. Wanna guess how many quick lube places get that one done right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back