how are napa mufflers compared too walker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wanna replace it, because 2 months ago, i developed a leak, weld area where cat connects too resonator. a hole. i covered it with some kinda metal paste, i found in autozones exhaust pipe section. its with the tiger tape, muffler weld stuff. then the front exhaust pipe broke in half. ive since replaced with a bosal one. the cat itslef, and the rest ofthe pipe system is all brown and black, and appearing rotted up and out. hence time too replace it all

gunna do the 02 sensors too. denso. im going on 84,000 miles, 18 years. i belive thier supposed to be replaced every 60,000 miles???
i saw a stainless system set up on carid.com $33 somehting dollars. might look into that. its supposed tobe stainless steel, and the picture, shows the cat and entire pipe connection. muffler, walker quiet flow, for $92

COuld i spraythe etire exhaust system, meaning cat, pipes ect too? ide imagine the paint will or would burn right off...

Originally Posted By: ziggy
COuld i spraythe etire exhaust system, meaning cat, pipes ect too? ide imagine the paint will or would burn right off...

You could use VHT or Dupli-Color "ceramic" exhaust/header paint - it might work. I would personally see if a local powdercoater can ceramic coat the new parts before install.

Originally Posted By: ziggy

The Cat will probably get to hot. As said you can try the ceramic extra high temp exhaust paint but don't spray any oxygen sensors.

The pipe and anything past the cat standard engine high temp works well for me. It will not last forever but holds up well esp for cars in rust/salt areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back