Hot weather tires me out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 46.I only drink 1 small cup of coffee in the morning. I try to drink lots of water lately. When I do those fastings for blood tests, my pressure is usually on the lower side.I'm hoping I just need to acclimatize.I do want to get a heart test and blood work here soon also. Well, Thanks to all who responded!

I hear ya....one thing I've noticed....if it's humid outside, it'll zap me a lot quicker than the dry heat for some reason.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Better diet?

Originally Posted By: Skid
Sounds like a heart problem.

Lol, good old internet advice. I might as well join the fun,

Sounds to me like sweat gland cancer.

Originally Posted By: JDW
Sardines...... How I have not heard of peps eating them since my grandpa did back in the 70's. Loved them myself....... Thank you for the reminder there silver
wink.gif

Same here. My grandfather used to always eat them on crackers back in the 70s. I remember him giving me some to try,but can't remember what they taste like. Are they "gamey" tasting?

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Why do you think they take siestas in Mexico? The body does not work well in hot and humid conditions.

They like cold crisp weather for marathons.

Just like a car you have to be able to expel the heat.

^^I agree with turtle. Hot humid weather makes me feel miserable,BUT cold dry weather makes me feel like a million bucks!!

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Whenever hot weather hits,I start feeling slower,sleepy,no energy. I'll feel better when I'm in a/c for a while.I know it's "the heat",but what exactly happens and what can i do to lessen these symptoms? I see other people around me work like nothing. I work outdoors.I do drink a lot of water to see if it helps,but not really.Thanks.

Send your heat my way...I'm sick of it still being in the 40s and 50s in mid-May...

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Whenever hot weather hits,I start feeling slower,sleepy,no energy. I'll feel better when I'm in a/c for a while.I know it's "the heat",but what exactly happens and what can i do to lessen these symptoms? I see other people around me work like nothing. I work outdoors.I do drink a lot of water to see if it helps,but not really.Thanks.

Send your heat my way...I'm sick of it still being in the 40s and 50s in mid-May...

Was 81 here yesterday!

50 this morning.

I remember that some of this can be related to what temps you were exposed to through out most of your life, if you tend to live in areas with cooler or cold temps most of the time your blood becomes thicker to retain heat, while those living in warmer and hot climates have their blood become thinner.

I was born in Maine, and most of my life lived in the Northeast and Mid Atlantic, only moving to the Southeast recently. I am in excellent shape and not overweight, I exercise for 1.5 hours/ 5 days a week. I eat decently too.

Yet we are with summer like temps here now and I am pretty lethargic and feeling sluggish. I never have this problem with temps under 80 F.

Not to throw a scare on ya, but last summer, my brother and I were remodeling a house. We were working in typical Florida summer heat and humidity. Usually, he's a real work horse, but as we worked, he kept sitting down totally exhausted and drenched in sweat. He would complain, "I just have absolutely no energy or strength, this heat is killing me."

Finally, after a week, he heads to the doctor, who puts him in the hospital THAT DAY. THAT NIGHT, he is having heart surgery. Doctors said he had 99 percent blockage and was a heart attack waiting to happen. Today he is doing well and back to his work horse ways.

At the very least, go to the doctor and get a check up.

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
Not to throw a scare on ya, but last summer, my brother and I were remodeling a house. We were working in typical Florida summer heat and humidity. Usually, he's a real work horse, but as we worked, he kept sitting down totally exhausted and drenched in sweat. He would complain, "I just have absolutely no energy or strength, this heat is killing me."

Finally, after a week, he heads to the doctor, who puts him in the hospital THAT DAY. THAT NIGHT, he is having heart surgery. Doctors said he had 99 percent blockage and was a heart attack waiting to happen. Today he is doing well and back to his work horse ways.

At the very least, go to the doctor and get a check up.
I'll try doing it this month.Thanks to all who responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back