Honda rototiller

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a honda F200 rototiller and its 20 years old. I am changing the fluids in it and it has a planetary gear transmission. it does not list the weight of the oil. a local shop say their manual say 5w30. I mean come on the engine asks for 10w40 so i am thinking no way is that info right... The manual only states the amount that is need to fill it not the weight. can someone help me out on this....

**Update honda is saying its 10w40** What ever i put in i want synthetic

[ April 16, 2003, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: spal24 ]

I guess that you would have to listen to the Honda tech.....but personally I would feel better too with something a little heavier in there. If it calls for a motor oil I guess the use of a light weight gear oil wouldn't be a good idea. I'd use whatever has made it last for the 20 years, if you can find that out.

Want a light-weight synthetic gear oil? Try Red Line MTL (70W80). I think it's WAAAaaay overkill for this application, but it most likely satisfies the requirements of a 10W40 motor oil. I know it satisfys the requirements of trannies which call for a 10W30 motor oil ... like Hondas used to.

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back