Honda recall - crankshaft defect 2015-2020

Reading this-only 1% of engines affected? Are they going to replace ALL of them? Good of Honda to step up and fix them BEFORE they grenade (unlike a different Asian manufacturer that prevaricates about the actual issue and waits for them to self-destruct before doing anything...)!

The recall indicates that 1% of the products have a defect. Clearly, they did not screw up all the crankshafts. As that would indicate zero quality control. But I can't resist... A quality 5W-30 synthetic, changed at sane intervals, would have prevented rod bearing failure.

I wonder if people will caution against Honda V6 engines going forward. 🤔
The head issues on Pentastar engines was something around 0.1% of engines affected and people to this day caution others about it.
Nah. When there is Honda or Toyota issues, that is just normal life. When there is an issue with other cars that is not normal.

How many threads for the same recall are we going to have? This is at least thread #3 on Honda 3.5 rod bearing recalls… Didn’t dnewton3 literally just days ago create a sticky on how to use the search function?

Last edited:

How many threads for the same recall are we going to have? This is at least thread #3 on Honda 3.5 rod bearing recalls… Didn’t dnewton3 literally just days ago create a sticky on how to use the search function?
Hey I apologize for missing the other thread.. I didn't see a title that said "RECALL".. hey I'm not perfect.. :oops:

MODS: feel free to merge this..

Back