Honda Accord v6 20000kms Fuchs GT1 0w-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
What amazes me most is that there's an Australian using it! Light oils are hard to find there and if you spend some times on the car forums from there you'd see a very strong cultural bias towards heavy oils. Not criticism as much as observation, so if you are one of "those" heavy oil Australians, please don't take offense. Toyota62... you are one of the few and the proud there. I did a search a while back through your large auto parts chains online and found a 20 grade oil kinda hard to find.

What Fuchs did that was smart from a marketing point of view was run this stuff in the Porsche Cub racing series down under and advertized the heck out of it. I don't think it changed a lot of minds that you don't have to go thick to protect but it at least allowed this particular all to be accepted being ester and all that.
BTW, with a HTHS vis of 3.1 cP (as Rouge21 has mentioned) this really isn't a 20wt oil anyway. You'll have the same oil pressure at normal operating temp's as Mobil 1 5W-30 which has the same HTHS vis; perhaps even thicker in service since it has no VII's and is impervious to shear.

Originally Posted By: CougarRed
Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
Other great Fuchs GT1 0W-20 wear reports:

Has there been posted UOAs for Fuch's GT1 5W30?

Nope. But I can't imagine there's much difference in the formula. Both are zinc-free.

Here's a good report on Fuchs Titan Long Life Plus 0W-30.

I'm also interested in the SuperSyn 0W-30.

One covets what one can't have and these Fuchs oils look so interesting and have clearly yielded exceptional UOAs.
20.gif

I did a bit of a search Steve and Kris did reference A&A in Hamilton. See here near the bottom of the page:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1581786&page=1

Do you think that there is an additional store Kris told you about?

I can't remember and I'm in Ottawa until Wednesday but I can check on my travels on Thursday.

If Kris gets back to me I will let you know.

cheers3.gif

Nope. But I can't imagine there's much difference in the formula. Both are zinc-free.

I think the only oil in the FUCHS line-up that is zinc free is the 0W20. That is there is no "zinc free" GT-1 5W30.

http://www.fuchs-europe.de/engine-oils-cars.html

But take a look at all their 5W30 entries. Am I reading it correctly as it appears that there....6 or is that 7?
crazy2.gif

At first glance the TITAN GT1 PRO FLEX SAE 5W-30 looks the most interesting of the 6 i.e. an SM oil with these additional specs:

ACEA C3
ACEA A3/B4
API SM
BMW LONGLIFE-04
MB-APPROVAL 229.51
GM DEXOS 2
VW 502 00/505 00/505 01

Last edited:

I think the only oil in the FUCHS line-up that is zinc free is the 0W20. That is there is no "zinc free" GT-1 5W30.

I was referring to this.

I was referring to this.

Yup I see that this 5W30 offering is listed as zinc free...my mistake. But it begs the question as to why it isnt shown in the couple of years more recent document that I referenced
54.gif
? Possibly it is no longer made
21.gif
?

Last edited:
Nice reference from CougarRed on the Zinc free GT-1 5W-30 but June 2007 is rather dated and the half dozen current GT-1 5W-30 variations make no claim to being zinc free and more importantly they are not ester based.

Nice run for an Accord V6. Just got 5 qts of M1 EP and an M1 filter at AZ for my Accord V6. $37 US. So far,so good. 108k.

Wow - I really must have been med'd out to go off on that tangent ..maybe blood sugar.

Novel oil ..and, yes, Oz would be the last place on the planet you would expect to see it.

FZ1! Doing your part on keeping the pipeline full, I see
grin2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
I need to introduce you to my good friend Tig1
55.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Novel oil ..and, yes, Oz would be the last place on the planet you would expect to see it.

After spending (too) much time trying to track down the availability of this unique FUCHS oil i.e 0W20 and even their 0W30 offerings I am now convinced that there is no supplier/distributor/Peformance Shop in Canada and maybe NAmerica that has access to these specific FUCHS. Too bad.

What can I say? Some guys are meticulous UOA guys. Some guys are Fall and Spring guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back