homebrew seafoam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dparm
This guy is pretty brave and well-educated to take on something like this.

The Seafoam CIA is probably tracking him already.

Kind of crazy....curious how well it works. It appears there's a diesel forum that has a lot of "likes" on the idea....of the "home brew" but no "good" testimonials, on how good it works, or doesn't work.....

But yea, it's kind of interesting....has me interested...but really, since finding MMO, I'm fairly content with the MMO at each fillup....

One thing that has me curious, is the fact that they are using "diesel fuel" as the substitute for "pale oil" - largely based on the viscosity....compared to Seafoam....Diesel, in a gasoline engine sounds like a bad idea :p

BUT, then again, I've heard/read that the "RXP Fuel Additive" that was big a couple years back, and was marketed as "passing emission tests" etc....itself contained DIESEL fuel.....sooo....perhaps it's usable in gasoline, in small amounts
wink.gif

But yea, I'd be interested in more testimonials, before using it...I could understand it's use in the gas tank.....but don't know about using it through the intake, or the crankcase......

IMO... he could substitute the Diesel with TC-W3 and see what the results would be in his test. I seriously doubt that the Diesel burns off clean in the combustion chamber and may cause issues later on.

I do know that TC-W3 would burn clean and also give him the lubricating properties he is looking for in his home brew and it would be lighter than the diesel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back