Highlander vs MDX vs Passport

I want a V6 and not a Highlander i4-turbo. How is the reliability of the 2024 Acura/Honda V6 with the cylinder shutdown and fuel dilution? Any issues?

Cylinder deactivation no issues on the newest technological iteration...some (including myself) use a disable device anyways but many do not and don't have issues. It's a J series so it's very reliable. Not known to be a bad fuel diluter...mine is severe service short tripped in extreme cold and I don't smell much fuel in the oil nor do I see any level change on the stick after winter is over.

A 2024 MDX is a completely different vehicle than a Passport in size alone...if you aren't after luxury appointments and don't need the extra space go with the Passport.

I have a Toyota 2GR-FE v6. Sparks plug against the firewall are replaced at 120K. I like the Toyota V6.
Don’t need a 3rd row seating.
The 2GR-FE in my RX 350 is one of the smoothest and rev-happy engines I've ever owned. Only 50K on it but it pures like a kitty.

OP...I think the Pilot is a very compelling offering. Not a consideration? The Passport is really just a cutdown last-gen Pilot and so an aging design.

Cylinder deactivation no issues on the newest technological iteration...some (including myself) use a disable device anyways but many do not and don't have issues. It's a J series so it's very reliable. Not known to be a bad fuel diluter...mine is severe service short tripped in extreme cold and I don't smell much fuel in the oil nor do I see any level change on the stick after winter is over.

A 2024 MDX is a completely different vehicle than a Passport in size alone...if you aren't after luxury appointments and don't need the extra space go with the Passport.
Hang on here. This may be stating the obvious, but the Passport, Pilot, and MDX are closely related vehicles, built on the same platform. The MDX is the luxury choice, and probably the best one to buy to avoid Honda dealer Amv markups. They are all top, top choices capable of starship mileage, although perhaps a little thirsty. The vcm issues are in the distant past.

I don't think the Passport gets the DOHC 3.5 like the Pilot, Not sure about the MDX.

If money didn't matter MDX, if it did Passport of those choices.

What is the deactivation u use? So most MDX 2024 do not have problems, ok then.

The 2GR-FE in my RX 350 is one of the smoothest and rev-happy engines I've ever owned. Only 50K on it but it pures like a kitty.

OP...I think the Pilot is a very compelling offering. Not a consideration? The Passport is really just a cutdown last-gen Pilot and so an aging design.
My wife has a 2009 es350 60k and I have a 2014 Venza v6 120k. I am very familiar with the v6. The recent spark plug change dropped my 70mph to 2100rpm. Very smooth.

PWMDMD- On ur RX350 and at 70mph, what is your observed rpm?

Back