HF trailer tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought their 1,195lb rated 48x12 trailer 14 years ago for using as a utility trailer. I noticed that the tires were cracking recently because they were... 14 years old. Figured it was time. I found something interesting: the 4.8x12 Carlise tires at Walmart (which I wound up buying) are load range B and rated for 785lb at 60psi. The Duro's I had were LRB and rated at 780lb. But the new tires at HF are LRB and rated for... 585lb. ? Pretty big discrepancy. I thought same load range would keep tire rating more closely together, guess not. I had assumed that buying the same sized trailer tire in the same load range was going to get me the same tire, but you know what they say about assuming.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Maybe not. As always, buyer beware. I know some out there have HF trailers and might be tempted to buy tires at HF. Technically their tire is rated for the load, but it didn't leave me a warm and fuzzy feeling--ergo I don't have HF tires anymore on mine.

Did you confirm in person? Might just be bad website info.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Rand
What size tire is this a 4.8x8?

4.8x12 size.

Edit; HF link Carlise link.

Last edited:
right so I'm thinking they just miscopied the 4.8x8 size load.
on the hf link you posted if you zoom in on the tire its 785? on the sidewall.

I'd go look in person before believing.
Also on the carlise link what is
MX LOAD@ 10MPH

max load at 10mph??

Last edited:
Ha! good eye on the HF ad, did not zoom in to see that. Hey I don't mind being wrong. Will look at the tires next time I'm in HF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back