HELP! The car loan was denied after I already bought the car!?

they figured out the number they put for my income was higher than my pay stubs (which I provided) and so the bank kicked back the loan and was requiring a higher interest rate.
That's what the dealer said ? If so, I think they're lying to you. First, the dealer does income checks multiple times a day so I doubt they'd mess that up. Second, your credit score determines the interest rate to a very large degree, not your income level. Yeah, there's some combination of these things to some degree too..... In the end, I see it's finally settled, with a slightly lower sales price, and a lower interest rate, so it definitely improved for you.

That's what the dealer said ? If so, I think they're lying to you. First, the dealer does income checks multiple times a day so I doubt they'd mess that up. Second, your credit score determines the interest rate to a very large degree, not your income level. Yeah, there's some combination of these things to some degree too..... In the end, I see it's finally settled, with a slightly lower sales price, and a lower interest rate, so it definitely improved for you.
True that.

I have no income, no job and I am not retired per se ( I am not collecting Social Security ) I had no issue getting a very low APR loan with a good credit score when I bout that Mini Ford made in India by Mahindra Tractor down in my signature vvv.

- Ken

True that.

I have no income, no job and I am not retired per se ( I am not collecting Social Security ) I had no issue getting a very low APR loan with a good credit score when I bout that Mini Ford made in India by Mahindra Tractor down in my signature vvv.

- Ken
We have tons of used car dealers who say, no job, no income, your pulse is your approval. I always felt particular pride in that our country has many options for people in every situation. One time, a person who was approved got home with his new car, and got a letter saying the loan was denied because he had no pulse. But it all worked out in the end

We have tons of used car dealers who say, no job, no income
What ? 😳😳😳 I've seen some buy-here-pay-here places that say something like "all we need is your paystub" but I'm sure those places self-finance their customers (along with weekly or bi-weekly payments, GPS trackers, engine-disablers installed, etc).

car dealers who say, no job, no income,
All car dealer advertising is just words to get potential customers to show up at the dealership. They can't sell anything unless and until someone is there in person. Then they evaluate the situation.

Always make the deal over email or text before you ever leave your house...
I learned how bogus all those "car buying programs" are. My dad arranged a price using edmunds on a Honda. He emails me they rejected the price. I said huh? So he said I'll fax you (hahahahahahaha he still faxed) so you can see.

Underneath the price was an asterisk, which essentially stated it's of the dealer's discretion on whether they need to honor the price. The snotty sales person circled the fine print.

I think while it's a good idea to email, that's still prior to the circus that ensues when you get there.

I'd guess that 50% of shoppers (buyers) can't walk away though. Their emotions won't let them.
I never allow for emotions to enter the situation. Not even when I ordered a BMW and was already waiting for it. Dealer calls me 1 1/2 weeks later and says come back in we have to redo the paperwork, Marcy forgot to add training and MACO fees. I said that's ok. They said haha no it's not, you need to pay them so we need to redo. Let's cut to the chase and say the car is in the garage and has been for 16 years. I didn't pay those fees I told them cancel the order and give the allocation to someone else--I know there are people waiting to order (2007 335i coupe in October 2006). The "a bird in hand" theory kicked in at the dealership.

I remember they were about $1800 more they wanted to add. I just googled and came back from this thread from 2015, so seems like the fees still existed at least 8 years ago

I know what training is, in theory at least, but what is MACO? I've never been "trained" on a car before, although a few times they've spent maybe 5 minutes showing me a few of the settings or things special about their wonder car. Not sure what they'd train on as I don't believe a BMW is that special. Didn't need it when we bought a 911 so doubt it's needed here. Still curious what that make a cheese omelet fee is though.

We have tons of used car dealers who say, no job, no income, your pulse is your approval. I always felt particular pride in that our country has many options for people in every situation. One time, a person who was approved got home with his new car, and got a letter saying the loan was denied because he had no pulse. But it all worked out in the end
Nope all you need is good credit score. I bought at a legit local Ford Dealer. Someone can have a stash of cash and gold doubloons

doubloon.jpg

Just a Pulse? That's Repo Man fodder !

Nope all you need is good credit score. I bought at a legit local Ford Dealer. Someone can have a stash of cash and gold doubloons

View attachment 147076

Just a Pulse? That's Repo Man fodder !
Well, the fine print says pulse >= 50 and must be measurable continuously for 60 secs upon arrival at dealership! It is possible from unscrupulous borrowers to bring in a blow up doll with an electric heartbeat, but AAA batteries and many lithium ones cannot sustain the pulse for a full minute

I learned how bogus all those "car buying programs" are. My dad arranged a price using edmunds on a Honda. He emails me they rejected the price. I said huh? So he said I'll fax you (hahahahahahaha he still faxed) so you can see.

Underneath the price was an asterisk, which essentially stated it's of the dealer's discretion on whether they need to honor the price. The snotty sales person circled the fine print.

I think while it's a good idea to email, that's still prior to the circus that ensues when you get there.

There will still be a circus when you get there, but typically by that point they've figured out you're an informed buyer and they keep the main circus animals in the tent. Every time I've negotiated from home, they've honored the OTD pricing and although they offered me extended warranties and other crap like tire and rim protection, it's never been a hard sell. My test of how easy a dealer will be to work with in person is how they treat me over email...so far my instinct has worked.

Back