Healthy eating habits of BITOGers

That's my idea of Polish salad. It's basically sauerkraut with some other vegetables thrown in. I like it with meat and sausages.

Yes, I love eating sauerkraut just by itself, but it's also good with some coarsely grated carrots or apples.

Mayo was invented by the French and for some reason, the Russians eat more of it than anyone else.
The proportion of mayo to veggies in that salad I mentioned is really not as bad as it sounds. You use just enough to help ingredients bind together, but they don't swim in it at all.

Yes, I love eating sauerkraut just by itself, but it's also good with some coarsely grated carrots or apples.

The proportion of mayo to veggies in that salad I mentioned is really not as bad as it sounds. You use just enough to help ingredients bind together, but they don't swim in it at all.
Mayo is my Kryptonite. Pablo's Kryptonite is natto. @AutoMechanic's Kryptonite is goulash.

Last edited:
glad to see this thread continues so many can discuss what works for THEM!! surely exercise is great but using it to control your health will get harder with age. we ALL vary + depending on our current health some things may or may not work for YOU!! i continue to read + learn how to stay healthy + active as i age. you must help yourself of course + do the best you can!! healthy + happy holidays to ALL

OMAD sounds harsh. I am at two: three servings old fashioned rolled oats cooked every morning with some berries and artificial sweetner. Heavy dinner with meat, carbs and salad, big portions. This maintains a fairly lean weight for me in retirement along with lots of excercize (gym, pickleball and walking). Some treats at night also. Metabolism is probably higher than most.

Real, smoked pork then shredded and pulled. At American Legion. I had 2 at $2 each.

Attachments

• IMG_8447.jpeg
    IMG_8447.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 4
Back