Havoline 5W/30 cheaper than other Hav wts at WM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havoline 5W/30 is running a little cheaper than the other Havoline weights at my local Wal-Mart. The 5W/30 is $1.88. The other weights are running $2.52. I better stock up before they change their minds.

At Fleet Farm (upper Midwest), Havoline Synth Blend is on sale for $2.39/qt. Might have to give it a try.

I'm sure there would be great interest in a UOA of this stuff!

I have the older semi-synth in my Accord now. Just like last time I used it, it is really smooth.

Quote:

Havoline 5W/30 is running a little cheaper than the other Havoline weights at my local Wal-Mart. The 5W/30 is $1.88. The other weights are running $2.52. I better stock up before they change their minds.

Formula Shell is the new, good buy sleeper dino - that Havoline used to be. Good UOAs here - plus our local Murrays sells it occasionally at 99 cents AR. We don't get Havoline's sister Chevron at any of the auto superstores here in SE Michigan. If we did, that cheaper Chevron version which mirrors Havoline DS - may rival the Formula Shell in best dino buys.

Last edited:
The Havoline at my Autozone is marked in the system as Sell Through. Meaning, we aren't going to stock it anymore. Once we're out, and the warehouse is out, it's gone. Haven't gotten the word if anything is taking its place, or if we're just going to flex the rack out with Shell or Kendall.

By the way, it was never really a good seller at our store. I am sold out of 10w30, but have tons of 5w30, 5w20, and 10w40 left in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back