HASTINGS oil filters : any users ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
are HASTING oil filters worth the extra money ? Was told the cheapest is $7 smmething .

Hastings used to make the Amsoil filters, same plant, perhaps some different specs but Amsoil dealers used to substitute Hastings when Amsoil did not have the proper filter. Now Donaldson of course. I have used them, hard to find but good filters, better then a NAPA Gold, of K&N or others, probably not.

I have used them in the past and believe they are a good filter but a little pricey. Also, not the easiest to find in some areas of the country. I may go back to using them if my favorite ACDelco PF-47 is changed to the e-core design.

I used to use them a long time ago, they were a well made filter. Back then LEE filters were popular too. They were cheap as all the rest back in the day. The 1980s, I havent seen them in awhile.

I used them recently due to a half-off sale on them from an online dealer, came to about $4/filter.

I agree, they are very well made, as their Baldwin brand is widely used in industrial applications.

A good solid filter if you can get a deal on it. Otherwise, for my money, I'd go with the extra filtering of a Pure One filter.

Quote:

I used to use them a long time ago, they were a well made filter. Back then LEE filters were popular too. They were cheap as all the rest back in the day. The 1980s, I havent seen them in awhile.

offtopic.gif
Lee oil filters - now that's a blast from the past! I stopped using them after I had one leak on my 1971 Plymouth Scamp with a 318. One on a friend's 1972 Duster 340 did the exact same thing.

I have used Hastings and paid the big money for them till the counter guy at Auto Pride held an Auto pride(manufactured by Hastings)and a Hastings filter side by side...it was the same filter at 1/2 the money. I have since used Auto Pride as a result of that compsrison. The Auto Pride equivilent of the LF 113(like a thimble)cost me under $4.

Hastings and Baldwin both come out of the same plant, but Baldwin seems to be their premium brand while Hastings is perhaps a lower end offering.

Hastings is not a filter I would go out of my way to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back