Harmony 665 Refurb - $35.49 on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually $1.50 less than I paid for it last week, and it's Prime eligible:

Refurbished Harmony 665 - Amazon

It came in a plain white box, with the remote and a USB cable. No batteries were included, no big deal. I wanted to use rechargeable AA's anyhow. Setup was a breeze with the desktop software: enter the model numbers of your equipment, set the "Activities" for the various functions (e.g."Watch TV", "Watch a Movie"), and you're in business. I have a Vizio television, Pioneer receiver, Roku Premiere and a Sony Blu-Ray, all of which responded to commands on the first try.

I haven't customized much, as I really haven't found a reason to, however I remapped the on-screen hot keys for my Roku apps during the "Watch Roku" activity. That way, instead of having to go back to the home screen as is necessary with the OE remote I can hit the "Hulu" hot key and jump right from Sling to Hulu without the extra step.

All in all, I'm very satisfied. I condensed from 4 remotes into 1, and for once I don't feel the need to ever grab an original. I've never cared for universal remotes, but color me impressed.

hopefully it works out for you.
i'm still rockin' a positively ancient Harmony 628.
still works beautifully.
[Linked Image from c1.neweggimages.com]

The 665 is a great basic Harmony remote. I have the older 650 version which is very similar. Given it has a screen, I was worried the batteries wouldn't last long, but I'm getting about 6 months out of it, which is much better than I expected.

Originally Posted by 14Accent
This is actually $1.50 less than I paid for it last week, and it's Prime eligible:

Refurbished Harmony 665 - Amazon

It came in a plain white box, with the remote and a USB cable. No batteries were included, no big deal. I wanted to use rechargeable AA's anyhow. Setup was a breeze with the desktop software: enter the model numbers of your equipment, set the "Activities" for the various functions (e.g."Watch TV", "Watch a Movie"), and you're in business. I have a Vizio television, Pioneer receiver, Roku Premiere and a Sony Blu-Ray, all of which responded to commands on the first try.

I haven't customized much, as I really haven't found a reason to, however I remapped the on-screen hot keys for my Roku apps during the "Watch Roku" activity. That way, instead of having to go back to the home screen as is necessary with the OE remote I can hit the "Hulu" hot key and jump right from Sling to Hulu without the extra step.

All in all, I'm very satisfied. I condensed from 4 remotes into 1, and for once I don't feel the need to ever grab an original. I've never cared for universal remotes, but color me impressed.

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered one and it should arrive today. I've been using a 650 for the past several years that has held up well but is showing wear (paint coming off the "ok" button for example), so I will now have an inexpensive replacement when needed. BTW, my old 650 was bought as a refurb as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back