Harley Davidson Synthetic 20W50, who makes it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, Rotax was concerned about the move away from brightstock (to PIB synthetic) in the new cleaner two cycle oils coming to market. Their testing showed PIB did NOT give the wear protection, or did any other substitute they tested at the time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: harley145000
fuel tanker man ,you would look nice wearing that sash while riding your harley,(just kidding)

Now that's Funny
LOL.gif

Never run Syn3 in your trany, it is just OIL, you need some type of gear lube, especialy now that it is a 6 sp, and with that 5 gear wine, well what can I say. I used the old style gear lube in my FLTRI. I bought a lot of it before it left the shelves. Most of the Techs stashed it under their work benches for their own use......

I would start with Amsoil SVT 75w-110 and see how it sounds and feels. I've got a neighbor here who is a Lockheed engineer and rides a Twin Cam 103. He settled on Amsoil MCV 20w-50 in the engine, Amsoil MCF 10w-40 in the primary and SVT 75w-110 in the gearbox.

We don't have any lack of heat here and this combination really works. He also scrutinizes things like your typical aircraft engineer...

Originally Posted By: mpersell
I would start with Amsoil SVT 75w-110 and see how it sounds and feels. I've got a neighbor here who is a Lockheed engineer and rides a Twin Cam 103. He settled on Amsoil MCV 20w-50 in the engine, Amsoil MCF 10w-40 in the primary and SVT 75w-110 in the gearbox.

We don't have any lack of heat here and this combination really works. He also scrutinizes things like your typical aircraft engineer...

That is a good combination for a Harley IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back