Harbor tool Sawsall Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of sawsall blades, are the Harbor Tool metal cutting blades any good? I have the HT recep saw but never used the blades they sell.

i used there blades about 2 months ago. they werent good at all. i was cutting i piece of fence post and used 2 blades just to cut. and they both broke . in the end i went and got the craftsman blades. did the job perfect.

There are certain things that are safe from Harbor Freight-some hand tools are OK, bimetal saw blades are beyond their expertise, just like my useless, leaking oil extractor!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
There are certain things that are safe from Harbor Freight-some hand tools are OK, bimetal saw blades are beyond their expertise, just like my useless, leaking oil extractor!

+1

things like dead blow hammers, brass punches, simple stuff like that is OK.....

PS: then again, I once bought a small H-freight workbench drill press for $40 with free shipping, and it still works well after 8 years, so I got my money's worth...

Most of my tools are US made but I do have a few HT Pittsburg labled sockets and they are great. Even used my impact wrench on some of them with no breakeage.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Most of my tools are US made but I do have a few HT Pittsburg labled sockets and they are great. Even used my impact wrench on some of them with no breakeage.

I bought some Pittsburgh impact deep socket sets years ago, never had a problem with those either....but most of the time, I use them with a regular ratchet, not an impact driver. I figured I don't need deep sockets often, so might as well buy the stronger impact ones for both hand and impact use....pretty good deal, like $10 for a set when I got them on sale.

LOL on how they are called "Pittsburgh"....is there a city in China with that name????

PS: if your tools "go missing" a lot on job sites, HF stuff can come in handy, less likely to be stolen!!!!

Originally Posted By: KilgoreBass
LOL on how they are called "Pittsburgh"....is there a city in China with that name????

It gets worse than that. Harbor Freight also has "Central Pneumatic" air tools, and "Chicago Electric" power tools.

But don't confuse these with the real brand "Chicago Pneumatic".

I have read bad reviews on their power tools,very horrible setup to burning up.You do not hand my neighbor Ken any phillips screwdrivers for use,he breaks the tips off the cheap ones including the good brands.

Yep, I've got a multi-pack of HFT recip saw blades. They give khrap a new meaning- even the wood cutting blades. OTOH, I've used some of their carbide tipped circ/table saw blades and had good luck with them, but they were a tad more expensive. Blade quality is directly proportional to price for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back