harbor freight warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harbor Freight has always been, to me, the place to buy a one off tool that you need just once and if you get 1 or 2 uses out of it you still made out okay. I have quality tools as my regular use stuff, Snap-On, Craftsman and such.

HOWEVER - I went into a HF store last week and was truly impressed. The store is stocked with more quality stuff than junk. It used to be all junk and smelled like rubber chinese tennis shoes. Now it don't smell and they offer a life-time warranty to boot. That is moving forward. I was really impressed at their tool boxes..especially this one:

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/tool-cabinets-and-carts/five-drawer-service-cart-95272.html

For $199 it sure felt sturdy and even had gas struts on the top door. You couldn't touch one like it anywhere, including Sears, for that price!

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Harbor Freight has always been, to me, the place to buy a one off tool that you need just once and if you get 1 or 2 uses out of it you still made out okay. I have quality tools as my regular use stuff, Snap-On, Craftsman and such.

HOWEVER - I went into a HF store last week and was truly impressed. The store is stocked with more quality stuff than junk. It used to be all junk and smelled like rubber chinese tennis shoes. Now it don't smell and they offer a life-time warranty to boot. That is moving forward. I was really impressed at their tool boxes..especially this one:

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/tool-cabinets-and-carts/five-drawer-service-cart-95272.html

For $199 it sure felt sturdy and even had gas struts on the top door. You couldn't touch one like it anywhere, including Sears, for that price!

All my motorcycle mag subsripts have a harbor freight page in them towards the back, there is always a 20% off any purchase super coupon on everypage.. on higher dollar purchases like this one it would be worth your while to search out the coupons.. save ya a bundle

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
Originally Posted By: GMBoy

All my motorcycle mag subsripts have a harbor freight page in them towards the back, there is always a 20% off any purchase super coupon on everypage.. on higher dollar purchases like this one it would be worth your while to search out the coupons.. save ya a bundle

You're right! LOL, When I just recently went I had 2 coupons...one for 20% off one item and the other for a free screwdriver set. The free screwdriver set was actually their Pittsburg brand which is pretty darn good...I threw the set in my RV toolbox. I had to make 2 purchased to use both coupons, but it was worth it.

Just got to keep in mind that the 20% off coupons have fine print that excludes generators, tool boxes, Campbell Hausfeld. However, certain other "Slick" websites have pages devoted to their coupons, which are plenty. YMMV about getting to accept on a high dollar item, but it isn't likely to happen. Many thing go on sale for 25%-50% with coupons if you are willing to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back