Harbor Freight drill bit grab bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a drill bit grab bag as a stocking stuffer last year. At the time I wasn't very optimistic about HF bits, but I'm actually very pleased with them.

Most of the time when I'm using the drill I don't need a precisely sized hole. On the rare occasion when I need a specific size, it seems like it always the one in the set that is broken. So when using small bits in my set I'd grumble when I broke one.

Thats what makes the cheap grab bag great. I grab one, and don't worry about breaking the small ones. I broke several drilling spot welds a while back. My set is still complete for when I need a specific size.

Just a thought.... If you've got one good set of bits, you may want to get a grab bag of disposables.

I have a set of their nitride drills,and if you use cutting oil they have held up quite well.

Small drill bits break constantly, unless you have super sharp bits and a load of patience. Small bits are better to own the cheaper set, so if they break you don't get quite as pi****. Trying to drill out a ball joint where the cotter pin has broken off is a test of patience for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back