Handyman becomes a squatter to take back his mother's home from squatters.

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Handyman leased the home from his Mom, so he had tenants rights, that a landlord doesn't have. With those tenant rights, he designed a plan and executed the plan to get the squatters out.

"I called local law enforcement, and as soon as they saw that there was furniture in the house, they said that I had a squatter situation and they had basically no jurisdiction and they couldn't do anything," he said.

Shelton then decided to he could use squatters rights to take back his home. As a precaution, he also had his mother write and notarize a lease.

Would not tolerate a squatter, nor them me.

I got a shotgun, rifle and 4WD, And a country boy can survive.

Hank Williams JR song, but it holds true.

Amen, brother.

It amazes me at how grown men in suburbia and metro areas can't and won't handle business. This squatter deal is one of them.

I assure you someone with some common sense, a little country livin' experience and a little thinkin' would be able to rid any place of squatters, drug addicts and other criminals in short order. A few rats, snakes, a 5 gallon bucket of fire ants, armadillos, possums and / or raccoons running around in a house for an hour will get anyone out.

I watched this gentleman's approach a few months ago and he seems to be getting more and more attention. The squatters themselves and their inherit entitlement really irks me. He took the matter into his own hands, took major risks to his own safety but came out ok on the other side. I dont think I would brag as much as he does, but good for him.

Reactions: JC1
Amen, brother.

It amazes me at how grown men in suburbia and metro areas can't and won't handle business. This squatter deal is one of them.

I assure you someone with some common sense, a little country livin' experience and a little thinkin' would be able to rid any place of squatters, drug addicts and other criminals in short order. A few rats, snakes, a 5 gallon bucket of fire ants, armadillos, possums and / or raccoons running around in a house for an hour will get anyone out.
This guy did his homework and figured out a way without getting physical. I like it, if they tennant has all the rights, become the tennant with your name on the lease...

I watched this gentleman's approach a few months ago and he seems to be getting more and more attention. The squatters themselves and their inherit entitlement really irks me. He took the matter into his own hands, took major risks to his own safety but came out ok on the other side. I dont think I would brag as much as he does, but good for him.
I read a recent story where a dad and son caught thiefs in the middle of the night stealing a scooter in their backyard. They took chase after the thieves, who got away.

The thieves later returned to the home and shot it up, killing the dad. The thieves assumed posture- how dare you chase me off from taking your property. The Dad is now dead for protecting his property.

Many would say let the thieves take it, similar to just handing over a vehicle to a carjacker. The thieves begin to have a posture that it is their right to some else's property.

Soft on crime policies have many second and third hand effects, in this case the death of Dad.

Amen, brother.

The thing is you can't handle business in these types of areas. You can't shut off utilities or replace locks either. I like the idea of putting raccoons etc in the house but I can assure you, the judge at your trial won't be amused. The only solution is landlord-tenant court. IMO being a landlord in these progressive is nuts.

Amen, brother.

The problem is , these squatters are so entitled/bold , that they don't give up. They will call the law on you and take you to court. The courts are weird now. You don't want to charged or sued for assault.

My father sold both his rental homes after dealing with having to evict for non payment

Last edited:
The problem is , these squatters are so entitled/bold , that they don't give up. They will call the law on you and take you to court. The courts are weird now. You don't want to charged or sued for assault.

My father sold both his rental homes after dealing with having to evict for non payment

Call the law on me for what? My pets just got loose is all. I was trying to come by the place and make sure they were ok....

My brother is a landlord and he's had a few tenants "refuse" to leave after he's told them to get out. He always gets them out.... Last time, the person was a friend of the official tenant (name not on lease, etc) and the real tenant left when he asked them to move out. The other person called the police but didn't know that my brother knows a whole bunch of them. They show up, tell him "XXXX, you really can't do it this way but it looks like it's taken care of now" 🤪🤣😁 He knows that if so much as a toothbrush is inside, the person can claim they "live" there. He makes sure they can't make those silly kind of claims ! The police confirmed there's nothing they can claim and told the person to leave quietly or get arrested for trespassing.

Communism in the USA

Some people want it.

You need to ask yourself why and tell those losers useful idiots they will NOT be in charge after the fall.
I don't think its communism, but the state putting the responsibility to try to reduce homelessness onto landlords. I think the US and Canada has to try to reduce the number of people who have given up on being responsible productive people and provide some basic living quarters to those who still can't be productive.

I don't think its communism, but the state putting the responsibility to try to reduce homelessness onto landlords. I think the US and Canada has to try to reduce the number of people who have given up on being responsible productive people and provide some basic living quarters to those who still can't be productive.

I think @OVERKILL has touched on that subject of homeless or drug shelters opening in Canada, with good intentions, but ultimately failing because some folks are too "far gone" unfortunately.

For those who really want to get back on their feet, there are options but those options usually are not known by the ones who are affected the worse.

Home ownership in communist or formerly communist countries is high. They don't have squatting problems.

I think home ownership is not so related to a system of government but rather heritage, geography, history - other than yeah sure people stay put when they have no real freedom to move around.

But these countries have homelessness as well. They just don't show it in reported numbers.

My main point is: Free junk, free stuff without having to work for it creates a mess. It's human nature, free rent by squatting solves nothing and just snowballs - all created by people who seem to strive for social upheaval. Seattle has created a MULTIBILLION $ scheme to control homelessness. And the problem just gets worse and worse, and they blame.........capitalism.

They put every kind of rent and property control conceivable in place- rents go up and housing becomes scarce. Imagine that.

I think @OVERKILL has touched on that subject of homeless or drug shelters opening in Canada, with good intentions, but ultimately failing because some folks are too "far gone" unfortunately.

For those who really want to get back on their feet, there are options but those options usually are not known by the ones who are affected the worse.
In Canada and I’m my 3rd hotel since once they send in dozens of immigrants with kids not in school and parents not working - you can’t sleep and get up at 5 am to work a 12 hour day …

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: GON
Back