Hairy Rescue on the Columbia River.

Looked like 2 people on the boat before the wave hit. I’ve never seen waves like that in real life, scary stuff.

Upon further review I guess it was just the clear curtain flapping that I thought was the second person. RhondaHonda will be charged with a timeout.

Looked like 2 people on the boat before the wave hit. I’ve never seen waves like that in real life, scary stuff.

I had to view it a couple of times also. As the boat is rolling over in the surf you can see one person pop out. I don’t know who that was.

What is interesting is that after all that it was discovered that the occupant of that boat was wanted and they later found out he had stolen that boat. A bit of karma but the owner of the boat has obviously sustained a big loss.

0981BAAA-8BFB-4626-AF4B-95BEDC5010B4.gif

Maybe tomorrow I will post in the photo thread im taking pictures of the balloon and jet fighters circling it right now from North Carolina balloon thread shut down, coastal airports closed down

The Columbia river bar where it meets the Pacific ocean is some of the most Treacherous water in the world. The Coast Guard base at Cape disappointment WA is stocked with people with steel balls.

I spent 2 ½ years at Newport Oregon. Every River bar on the coast is dangerous. The Columbia more so because it’s huge and a lot of danger spots.

Here is the Coast Guard standing by in the Yaquina River bar as a fishing vessel crosses in. In the background you will catch the old 52 foot MLB as a breaker knocks it sideways. My first call was on that same boat. They just retired it recently after 65 years of service.

Back