Haas Formula 1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Trying to determine who designed the chassis. Is it me but it seems the Haas name and $ is the only American contribution. Power train and suspension from Ferrari. I suspect English designed chassis. Operation in a town not far from where Clarkson lives.

Chassis was built by Dallara in Italy. But it was designed by Haas staff, using the Ferrari windtunnel in Maranello and the CFD computers in the US (I think).

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
McLaren has survived awhile now with sponsors dwindling, unfortunately.

Certainly, but all I saw was Pirelli on the Haas.
wink.gif
I'm sure that's not the final livery, though.

Klutch9: Your information is correct, from what I've read from the Autosport premium site, to which I unfortunately cannot link here.

After only two days of testing, I'm impressed with how fast Haas appear esp relative to Sauber who has same spec engine. I know, it's only testing...

Sauber only brought their 2015 car to this test, so not the same engine as Haas yet.
But Haas is second 'fastest' on third day of testing, so that bodes well for them!

Originally Posted By: Tosh
from http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016/02/weekend-debate-f1-liveries-are-they-really-boring-this-year/

JA: What about the new Haas F1?
ND: It looks like a child has done this. If this is a $100m programme, it looks as though they spent $100 dollars on it. The Haas logo is quite interesting, in that it is so poorly engineered for a company that makes computerised machine tools.

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with those cars. Some of the colors aren't to my liking. But these guys are acting like a bunch of uppity women in a shoe store. Some of these Europeans just need to be slapped.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with those cars. Some of the colors aren't to my liking. But these guys are acting like a bunch of uppity women in a shoe store. Some of these Europeans just need to be slapped.

Yep, there may be some art to it, but really, let's not get our heads in the cloud over a livery. I don't see much wrong with the Haas livery. If he doesn't like the logo, well that's tough. All I wondered, and still wonder, is where the sponsorship is. I like to see it out of interest more than any art.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: billt460

Yep, there may be some art to it, but really, let's not get our heads in the cloud over a livery. I don't see much wrong with the Haas livery. If he doesn't like the logo, well that's tough. All I wondered, and still wonder, is where the sponsorship is. I like to see it out of interest more than any art.

Gene is funding it out of pocket. The sponsors will come. It would be cool to see something special at the US Grand Prix, a Bass Pro Shop F1 car would be awesome.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Gene is funding it out of pocket. The sponsors will come.

I'm sure they will come. Funding an F1 team out of pocket for an extended period is a sure fire way to be sent rocketing to the poorhouse.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Gene is funding it out of pocket. The sponsors will come.

I'm sure they will come. Funding an F1 team out of pocket for an extended period is a sure fire way to be sent rocketing to the poorhouse.

Gene can entice sponsors the same way he does in NASCAR, drop ship a few CNCs.

Here, Gene jokes, "We have lots of people who want to sponsor us - they just don't want to pay us the money we want!" That's probably not too far from the truth. Companies that normally are willing to put up some money for NASCAR advertising might be a little freaked, to put it mildly, at the going rates for F1 sponsorship.

I reckon Haas F1 Team will last two to three years and then the team is bought by a car manufacturer. Future Alfa-Romeo F1 team?

No one is going to keep pouring money into an empty hole. If Haas doesn't see some return, they won't last any longer than any other Formula 1 team that experienced the same.

Certainly not. But, if he gets sponsors, makes some money, and has some modicum of success, I would like to think he'd stick around. But, if he doesn't get sponsors, he isn't going to make money, end of story, even if he were to hypothetically win the constructor's championship in his first year.

Grosjean will be a point scorer in this car if they can nail down reliability. Development throughout the season will also be key. The base car seems to be quick.

At the very least, I can see them finishing 9th in the championship for two reasons.

1) Manor

2) Sauber has no money so like last year they may pick up a few points early but then to the back of the grid they will go. Haas also has better drivers IMHO than Sauber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back