gun ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drugs are illegal and because of it they are no where to be seen. Why wouldn't it work with firearms.

Originally Posted By: Skittles
Drugs are illegal and because of it they are no where to be seen. Why wouldn't it work with firearms.

Illegal drugs are just like illegal firearms -- you never seen them, they're everywhere, and their use is usually nefarious.

Legal drugs are just like legal firearms -- you (also) never or rarely see them, they are prolific (almost as many guns as people), and their use is usually for a legitimate purpose.

Originally Posted By: Skittles

I agree. The best thing that happened was making drugs illegal, hasn't been a problem since doing so....other than the legal drug users causing problems...
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: Donald
The higher the rate of gun ownership in a state, the higher the likelihood of a law enforcement officer being killed, a new study has found.

Wasn't really a study, more like linked opinions. My opinion is that states such as Montana and Alaska, really skew the numbers. HIGH LEGAL gun ownership, relative low total population, then one or two cops are shot by a nut job criminal. Then criminal laden nasty places like DC, Chicago, L.A., NO and such with very high ILLEGAL gun ownership are not even counted in the LEGAL gun ownership, may have relatively higher count cop shootings, plus are buried in the higher population.

Bogosity lives on at the NYT. No surprise there. They have a very clear agenda and supporting the entire Bill of Rights is not on the list.

Murdering terrorists are killing service people at recruiting stations and "Donald" wants to disarm the public. Come and GET mine, donald.

Originally Posted By: danthaman1980
Statistically speaking, the more cops on the street, the higher the crime rate
crazy2.gif

See how I did that there, If I say 'more cops=higher crime', I lead you to believe that the cops are the reason for the higher crime.
If I say 'higher crime=more cops', I lead you to believe the high crime rate has led to the need for more cops.

Nothing here but creative 'journalism' and people manipulating statistics to meet their own agendas.
There are lies, D..n LIES, and statistics....Sam Clemens.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Donald, do you donate money to the CSGV?

I Google'ed it so I would know what it was. I do not donate any money to it? Are you suggesting I should?

Funny this came up. In my neighborhood there have been a rash of car break-ins. Apparently the thieves are looking for firearms inside the vehicle (only thing stolen). The break-ins are happening at places of work.

Originally Posted By: danthaman1980

The fact is that law abiding gun owners don't shoot cops. By definition.

Exactly. Try to take the guns out of society and the only people left who will have them are the criminals. Why not focus on keeping guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them?

Most think it's impossible to do "surgical gun control", so they think that the whole society needs to be controlled. But in the end that's not going to work in this country without having a total dictatorship.

Originally Posted By: CT8
What is really sad is how people lack discernment. They just eat the poop they are being fed.

You really nailed it. Seems numbers can always be "correlated" in whatever fashion one desires to fit your agenda.

This info is garbage...

Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
China and Nazi Germany are prime examples of good economy low gun ownership states as well. I'll always choose freedom...
+1

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: Al
Another thread by a spammer designed to stir the pot.

Except I have 15,529 posts, which would be a lot for a spammer.
Yup, that's a LOT of worthless drivel, jack. A ham sandwich can post drivel.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
China and Nazi Germany are prime examples of good economy low gun ownership states as well. I'll always choose freedom...
+1

I might be off topic here, but I'm not sure what "good economy low gun ownership" means.

Was the German economy 'good' before the Nazi dictatorship??

I think the State to County link was about the most stupid thing I have seen for quite sometime.

Did anyone Think for a minute before compiling those stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back