Gun cleaning patches.

I need some gun cleaning patches, I'm tired of cutting up old shirts and all, I haven't purchased cleaning patches in probably over 10 years. It looks like a lot of them pulled away from cotton and went with a synthetic, to prevent leftover lint. What brand do you guys go with? As I said I'm tired of cutting up T-shirts, underwear, socks. ETC.. I just want some good patches that will clean my gun, and won't leave lint behind.. I also don't want bag of rags.. I remember buying them as well.. LOL..
Thank you.

Pablo nailed it........ Amazon. They sell nice flannel patches in every size and caliber imaginable. If you buy in bulk, you most likely won't have to buy again for years. And they're priced reasonably.

Stay out of gun shops and the like, for anything related to gun cleaning. (Patches, oils, and cleaners & solvents). The quantities are too small, and they have to mark everything up too much.

Lyman products Butch’s triple twill patches is my choice for cotton patching.
Synthetic patches (plastic thread) are not good, these are often supplied in kits. Toss these type of patches out.

The patches I use the most like 98% of the time spent gun cleaning is scissor cut from high quality “Bounty” brand paper towel.
These are perfect to wrap around a plastic or bronze bristle bore brush. Or wiping on oil after cleaning.
I buy the “select-a-size” type. Fold 1 sheet in half and cut. fold again an cut, fold in half and cut.
I then separate the 2 layers doubling the patch quantity, this make a wrapped on brush patch not so thick.

Just be sure to buy the best quality paper towel that provides some wet strength.
The paper towel made from recycled paper are not as good they don’t have the wet strength to do the job.
Paper shop towels may work if they prove to have some strength when wet.

Back