Grrr.. Stupid rotten grease guns.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 of them... different makes, one is a Lubrimatic, the other is my Dad's 20+ year old one...

No matter what, whenever I get a zerk that really needs a good deal of grease... (between 4 of them, I used about 4 oz)... after 20 or so pumps I always end up air locked... It's so irritating... The cartridge is half full and it won't dispense.

It's about 75 degrees out....so it isn't like it's super cold pumping.

What gets me is the mess from grease separating, no matter how I store the gun or grease I use.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Mine let the grease bypass the piston so it squirts out when I pull it back to load it.

Are you loading cartridges or plain...Mine came set up for cartridges, with the lip on the lip seal facing the spring. For "loose" grease, it needs to be flipped so that the lip holds the grease.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Mine let the grease bypass the piston so it squirts out when I pull it back to load it.

Are you loading cartridges or plain...Mine came set up for cartridges, with the lip on the lip seal facing the spring. For "loose" grease, it needs to be flipped so that the lip holds the grease.
cartridges. I never knew about flipping the seal.

I have had good luck with Lincoln brand,and believe it or not,cheapie Performance Tool.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
I have had good luck with Lincoln brand,and believe it or not,cheapie Performance Tool.

I've probably got at least seven grease guns of all shapes and sizes as I was never happy with the previous one. The last one I bought was a Lincoln and I love it. Works great, easy to bleed if it does get air, (which is rarely does), it has a knurled tube so it's easier to hold. The only draw-back is that it's an odd size and I can't use a cartridge but must load it by hand. I bought it at a garage sale for a dollar.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
What gets me is the mess from grease separating, no matter how I store the gun or grease I use.
Thats the problem I have as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back