Green Bay Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If GB gets home field they will be hard to beat
Same goes for Seahawks
My pick is GB
If Dallas cant beat Philly this Sunday they wont make the playoffs even if they get 10 wins unless something weird happens
Even if they do get in I dont think their defense can survive a good passing attack
The Cowboys have done better than people thought and theyneed a pass rusher in next years draft
In the AFC it will come down to Denver-Patriots and whoever has home field will win
But what do I know

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Marsha can be mad all he wants, he CANNOT and HAS not won a game that matters since *Spygate. If the Steelers play a good game they will beat the *Pats. Same with the Colts and Donkeys.

In the NFC, the Seachicks are solid. GB is on fire, but have they peaked too early? Anyone throwing out so and so will win hasn't watched the NFL for more than 2 months.

The problem with PIT is they're horribly inconsistent...there's no way they'll be able to string enough wins together to get anywhere even IF they make the playoffs...
Agreed, but they only lose to bad teams, so in the playoffs they could put together a solid run.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT

Seattle or GB is who I choose from the NFC. BUT I wouldn't count out Cardinals. Either can do it. I say edge to Seattle.

I too give an edge to SEA, but only a slight one...GB is not likely to win in SEA, but SEA could possibly win in GB...SEAs defence travels better than GBs offense...

I agree a lot! But SEA has come back to ground level and these D coordinators prove if given enough time they will figure out how to slow an offense.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I have not seen great things from NE. I don't get that. They have a good record....

I have seen the Raiders beat 49ers and San Diego and Rams and Cowboys (here) and KC beat the Seahawks. Then we got our Defense back. What do other teams do to try to beat Seattle? They try their best to stop our run. But we are #1 at running. And we only allow 84 yards on the ground against and are #1 at passing yards against. We could land HF advantage.

So Denver again? Odd that.

Oh you have seen great things from NE for over a decade; which in NFL terms is an eternity. What has your team (whatever team it is) done in the last 12 years? Credit is due whether you like em or not. Record, super bowl wins, super bowl appearances, and post spygate they made it to the dance 2xs. How many times did your team make it? Win any rings? Bellicheck has a way of taking an ordinary player and making him extraordinary. They guy has a knack....GOD knows he doesn't draft well!

NE is not the best team this year, but there isn't anyone who wants to play em in the playoffs. I don't think anyone wants to play GB or SEA either. You know Manning sure doesn't, little Manning on the other hand, I'm sure would love it!

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
If GB gets home field they will be hard to beat
Same goes for Seahawks
My pick is GB
If Dallas cant beat Philly this Sunday they wont make the playoffs even if they get 10 wins unless something weird happens
Even if they do get in I dont think their defense can survive a good passing attack
The Cowboys have done better than people thought and theyneed a pass rusher in next years draft
In the AFC it will come down to Denver-Patriots and whoever has home field will win
But what do I know

Dallas was beaten soundly in Dallas by Philly, so them getting a win in Philly is gonna be tough, but you're right, even if Dallas somehow manages to make the post season, their defense will be their downfall....

Marsha can be mad all he wants, he CANNOT and HAS not won a game that matters since *Spygate. If the Steelers play a good game they will beat the *Pats. Same with the Colts and Donkeys.

In the NFC, the Seachicks are solid. GB is on fire, but have they peaked too early? Anyone throwing out so and so will win hasn't watched the NFL for more than 2 months.

The problem with PIT is they're horribly inconsistent...there's no way they'll be able to string enough wins together to get anywhere even IF they make the playoffs...
Agreed, but they only lose to bad teams, so in the playoffs they could put together a solid run.

I wouldn't get my hopes up...PITs not gonna beat teams like NE or DEN...

I have not seen great things from NE. I don't get that. They have a good record....

I have seen the Raiders beat 49ers and San Diego and Rams and Cowboys (here) and KC beat the Seahawks. Then we got our Defense back. What do other teams do to try to beat Seattle? They try their best to stop our run. But we are #1 at running. And we only allow 84 yards on the ground against and are #1 at passing yards against. We could land HF advantage.

Oh you have seen great things from NE for over a decade; which in NFL terms is an eternity. What has your team (whatever team it is) done in the last 12 years? Credit is due whether you like em or not. Record, super bowl wins, super bowl appearances, and post spygate they made it to the dance 2xs. How many times did your team make it? Win any rings? Bellicheck has a way of taking an ordinary player and making him extraordinary. They guy has a knack....GOD knows he doesn't draft well!

NE is not the best team this year, but there isn't anyone who wants to play em in the playoffs. I don't think anyone wants to play GB or SEA either. You know Manning sure doesn't, little Manning on the other hand, I'm sure would love it!

NE has had a long run of great teams, no one can deny that, I just can't stand their arrogant head coach and QB who think they are God's gift to football...BTW my team (I know they suck now) have won 3 SBs, same as NE...

NE has had a long run of great teams, no one can deny that, I just can't stand their arrogant head coach and QB who think they are God's gift to football...BTW my team (I know they suck now) have won 3 SBs, same as NE...

Not int he last decade or even 12 years. Last 12 years my guys have been to the dance 5xs! That is amazing success no matter what glass you see it thru. There are only 2 guys wth 4 rings, Montana and Bradshaw. There is another coming.....and he's not the same whimp he was the last 5 seasons. He's putting it out there....

And I agree, he can't be "tough" when you go for rehab with a supermodel in Costa Rica. But you can be a winner!

Wow guys. I was talking about this year. I really have not seen great things from NE THIS YEAR. 7th in passing and the rest they suck or are mediocre at best. AND Yes they beat Denver, but most anyone breaks 20 points on them. And when behind they can struggle.

Just saying. I don't HATE NE. I'm pretty decent at handicapping football. I am at the top of a pick-em pool.

Some teams are driving me nuts this year. N.O. is for sure.

Wow guys. I was talking about this year. I really have not seen great things from NE THIS YEAR. 7th in passing and the rest they suck or are mediocre at best. AND Yes they beat Denver, but most anyone breaks 20 points on them. And when behind they can struggle.

Just saying. I don't HATE NE. I'm pretty decent at handicapping football. I am at the top of a pick-em pool.

Some teams are driving me nuts this year. N.O. is for sure.

NO is killing me as well! NE has had some no bueno games for sure. But same time they beat 3 other division leading teams in a row. GB woulda been 4 but they got their arz handed to them. That isn't just a fallacy and a benefit of a weak division.

Not int he last decade or even 12 years. Last 12 years my guys have been to the dance 5xs! That is amazing success no matter what glass you see it thru. There are only 2 guys wth 4 rings, Montana and Bradshaw. There is another coming.....and he's not the same whimp he was the last 5 seasons. He's putting it out there....

And I agree, he can't be "tough" when you go for rehab with a supermodel in Costa Rica. But you can be a winner!

Brady won't win another ring...he's too close to being over the hill, the Pats aren't the same team today that was winning SBs, and the best teams from the NFC are just too good for the Pats to deal with...they aren't gonna beat teams like GB or SEA...

Last edited:
Brady has no receivers except a TE and has more with less than anyone else
It would be a big mistake for folks to count them out

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Brady has no receivers except a TE and has more with less than anyone else
It would be a big mistake for folks to count them out

Lafelle has come outa no where and Danny has simply done an amazing job when we need him. I'm very shocked that Amendola (yes, I know he's a princess and gets hurt easy) hasn't been very involved. Bellicheck is now putting Amendola on the return team and i wonder if he isn't saving Amendola for "new" plays in the post season.

Time will tell, and you never count Brady and Bellicheck out.

I think that DC Capers changed up the defensive game plan in the second half to try to protect Sam Shields, who is nursing a nagging ankle injury. We need his speed in the secondary come playoff time, so he needs to be healthy. Tramon Williams is not the CB he was two years ago and Burnett is finally getting back to 100% at safety. Heyward had a stellar year last year interception wise, but not so much this year. The secondary is the true Achilles' heel of the defense.

With how poor the defense can play at times, at least the offense can make up for it. Rodgers just doesn't throw interceptions in Lambeau, so with home field advantage it will be tough for any NFC team to get past them. Better yet, if Arizona holds the #1 seed good dome weather and natural grass in their stadium plays into GB's strengths.

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
I think that DC Capers changed up the defensive game plan in the second half to try to protect Sam Shields, who is nursing a nagging ankle injury. We need his speed in the secondary come playoff time, so he needs to be healthy. Tramon Williams is not the CB he was two years ago and Burnett is finally getting back to 100% at safety. Heyward had a stellar year last year interception wise, but not so much this year. The secondary is the true Achilles' heel of the defense.

With how poor the defense can play at times, at least the offense can make up for it. Rodgers just doesn't throw interceptions in Lambeau, so with home field advantage it will be tough for any NFC team to get past them. Better yet, if Arizona holds the #1 seed good dome weather and natural grass in their stadium plays into GB's strengths.

The only game I see GB losing would be a rematch with SEA in SEA...otherwise I don't see them losing again...

The only game I see GB losing would be a rematch with SEA in SEA...otherwise I don't see them losing again...

I would go GB against SEA if in Lamb and say 50/50 in their louddome. D coordinators have cought up and fill those lanes to slow down Wilson. Case in point, SF. If you stay static, the NFL catches up to you. They are solid team but not domiant like they were last year.

I would go GB against SEA if in Lamb and say 50/50 in their louddome. D coordinators have cought up and fill those lanes to slow down Wilson. Case in point, SF. If you stay static, the NFL catches up to you. They are solid team but not domiant like they were last year.

The Eagle's D didn't have an answer for Wilson last week...

The Eagle's D didn't have an answer for Wilson last week...

Chargers, Rams, Cowboys, and Cheif seemed to have an answer.....I'd thing GB would be able to come up with a winning game plan as well.

1 of the best saying and best part of NFL .... "Any given Sunday." So true!

1 of the best saying and best part of NFL .... "Any given Sunday." So true!

It's as true today as it ever was!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back