Granddaughter before prom last night

345444478_502716818613072_1002315838672512858_n.jpg

Sweet young lady and I am very proud her! Been baby-sitting since she was 2 weeks old. Mom was pretty much a single Mom the first years. Dad was in Kuwait for 2 tours when she was a child. Mom was also going to nursing school to get her BSN as an RN.

I got up around 5:00 and got myself ready before work. Picked her up about 6:30 AM, came back, made breakfast and got her to school before 8:00 AM every day. We are very close, and she makes no bones, I am her favorite Grandpa! LOL Our love is deep as the ocean in Iowa.

Good grades, never in trouble, in band, fast pitch softball, tennis and has a part time job at Hy-Vee Pharmacy, also active in church

Is signed up for joining the Air Force after graduation this year.

Sorry to brag, but I am VERY proud of her!

You may not like reading this. But I often write things that may help others in the future. I noticed the guy and gal squinting in the photo.

We had family portraits taken at our last family reunion. The photographer noticed we were squinting when she tried to take photos. She had us close our eyes for 3 seconds, yelled open and snapped the pic and repeated it a few times. It worked.

You may not like reading this. But I often write things that may help others in the future. I noticed the guy and gal squinting in the photo.

We had family portraits taken at our last family reunion. The photographer noticed we were squinting when she tried to take photos. She had us close our eyes for 3 seconds, yelled open and snapped the pic and repeated it a few times. It worked.
Look perfectly normal to me. ;)

What will she be doing in the Air Force ?
Hospital administration or similar. Wants to be in the medical field.

Originally planned on being a pediatric nurse. Mom talked her out of that. Too much stress and overworked these days. (her Mom is a RN)

I suggested fighter pilot for a free ride. But that did not "fly" LOL

Originally planned on being a pediatric nurse. Mom talked her out of that. Too much stress and overworked these days. (her Mom is a RN)

Good career field in the Air Force and outside as a civilian.

My wife and I were both in the medical field while in the Air Force, Reserves / ANG.

My vote is for fighter pilot, naturally…why not? 😎

But, regardless, I applaud her willingness to serve her country. I wish her the very best.

Congratulations!🎉

Back