GPS replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all over the US and Canada in my travels for work and I have always used Garmin and it never gets me lost. They all come with Lifetime map updates and they are quick to add to new addresses. The updater also runs in the background on your computer downloading maps at off-peak times so whenever you are ready to update your GPS it has the latest map waiting.

Really can't complain about it.

I am not aware of the current Garmin software but my 1390T takes the shortest route quite literally. It won't hesitate to put you on or off the highway for half a mile if its going to be the shortest route and I really hate that.

Plus, I could not find any Garmin device <$200 where you could load the route in advance.

Originally Posted By: MoneyJohn
I am not aware of the current Garmin software but my 1390T takes the shortest route quite literally. It won't hesitate to put you on or off the highway for half a mile if its going to be the shortest route and I really hate that.

Plus, I could not find any Garmin device div>

In the Options on your GPS you can change it for fastest time or shortest distance. You are set to shortest distance and yes it does stupid things like that to save a mile so to speak.

Also updating the unit will also update it's routing tables / preferences as well as the map data so it could also be a routing problem. They release 4-6 updates a year just for the routing tables to fix errors.

I update mine as frequently as they allow because I use it daily for work.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back