Gordon added to Chase

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did the right thing. I'm not a big fan but I watched the final race.. and it was full of.. BEEE SSSS

Probably won't make a difference in the outcome of the Chase, but at least NASCAR is trying to make things right. Gordon hasn't really run very well this year, and barely made the Chase last year.

NASCAR has to make sure the results turn out the right way. Maybe this last decision will inspire Gordon to push down on the gas pedal a little harder.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
NASCAR has to make sure the results turn out the right way. Maybe this last decision will inspire Gordon to push down on the gas pedal a little harder.

X2.

Imterpretation: Gordon has too many fans that we didn't want to loose. We can't afford any more empty seats. FWIW

Oldtommy

Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy
Imterpretation: Gordon has too many fans that we didn't want to loose. We can't afford any more empty seats.

^The truest post on here. I no longer watch NASCAR and I don't miss it.

Imterpretation: Gordon has too many fans that we didn't want to loose. We can't afford any more empty seats. FWIW

Oldtommy

This+1 if you have enough cash you can do anything.

Originally Posted By: morepwr
Good for Gordon but why is there no penalty for Boyer in all this mess?

There was a points penalty against Bowyer (50 pts), but it was accessed before they reset the points for the Chase. So at the end... it had no effect on him at all. Of course, many people think Bowyer should have been booted from the Chase all-together.

I can't stand the chase, and this doesn't help matters. NASCAR is on a very slippery slope. How many times has a teammate let another teammate lead a lap so they can get points? Why is it OK to manipulate a race in July, but not right before the chase starts? Can you imagine the NFL allowing another team into the playoffs because of a bad call?
What happens at Talladega when a teammate not in the chase helps another car by drafting and pushing his teammate to a higher position. Isn't that effectively manipulating the outcome?

Originally Posted By: whip
Isn't that effectively manipulating the outcome?

i see you haven't been drinking the koolaid.

see the aboves on money (hendrick) and fans and seats.

the chase sucks. period. it did the 1st year and still does.

steve

p.s. sucks even more that nhra followed along and made their own chase as well

Originally Posted By: sunruh
Originally Posted By: whip
Isn't that effectively manipulating the outcome?

i see you haven't been drinking the koolaid.

see the aboves on money (hendrick) and fans and seats.

the chase sucks. period. it did the 1st year and still does.

steve

p.s. sucks even more that nhra followed along and made their own chase as well

Is it bad that I follow NHRA and still can't figure out how their chase works? At least the NASCAR chase still follows some weird format, even though their points system was decided by throwing darts at a board of numbers.

That being said F1's points method works, don't finish 10th or better, no soup for you.

Oldtommy

+2

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Imterpretation: Gordon has too many fans that we didn't want to loose. We can't afford any more empty seats.

^The truest post on here. I no longer watch NASCAR and I don't miss it.

I've gone without cable for two years now, and that means that I've missed the races that weren't on network TV.

No huge loss... and that has been $1500 that I've spent on other stuff.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I've gone without cable for two years now, and that means that I've missed the races that weren't on network TV.

I'm without cable as well (for the past 8 months), and don't really even watch NASCAR when I can get it over the air. I just have no interest in it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back