Goodbye RAM EcoDiesel

Our Ram EcoDiesel V-6 engine has delighted consumers with the highest half-ton diesel torque rating and towing capability while being the first to exceed 1,000 miles of range. As we quickly pivot toward an electrified future, we wanted to celebrate this last EcoDiesel milestone by offering our loyal light-duty diesel enthusiasts a final opportunity to order the truck they love.

—Mike Koval Jr., Ram brand CEO – Stellantis​

I wonder if this will come with a non-negotiable, 50% dealer adjusted market value adendum sticker. I don't know how car dealers are selling anything today with their foolish games.
My semi-local Ram dealer is back to 2019 pricing behaviors:

My semi-local Ram dealer is back to 2019 pricing behaviors:

Those are impressive discounts. Maybe I'm not looking correctly on that site, but I don't see a single Ram 1500 classic? Pretty much all you're going to find in my area on a lot is a 2022 Ram 1500 classic warlock. 5th gens are mostly order and wait.

Those are impressive discounts. Maybe I'm not looking correctly on that site, but I don't see a single Ram 1500 classic? Pretty much all you're going to find in my area on a lot is a 2022 Ram 1500 classic warlock. 5th gens are mostly order and wait.
They have a few classics listed on the site, but the discounts are minimal.

Reactions: JTK
"The 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x2 scored 32 mpg highway and 29 mpg highway for 4x4 models. Ram EcoDiesel’s range exceeded 1,000 miles per fill-up, the highest among all pickup trucks."

Pretty impressive and when fuel prices are high, they pull the plug? Real smart.

"The 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x2 scored 32 mpg highway and 29 mpg highway for 4x4 models. Ram EcoDiesel’s range exceeded 1,000 miles per fill-up, the highest among all pickup trucks."

Pretty impressive and when fuel prices are high, they pull the plug? Real smart.
Sounds great, but I’ve personally seen over 860 highway miles out of a tank on my 3.5 EcoBoost, and still had 60 miles showing on DTE. Plus it brings none of the diesel-specific maintenance either!

I service my friend's 2015, drop dead gorgeous Grand Cherokee with the Eco Diesel. Many trips back to the dealer. But she loves it, problems and all. All I have really done is oil change services. Nice to have the filter on top. 8 quart fill, as I recall.

Diesel is $1.50 more per gallon, at least.

Why all the hate for that engine? I've never owned one, but as usual here, neither have most of the haters.
It's hot garbage. I told my coworker it was garbage and he bought one anyway. He traded before the second oil change.

Why all the hate for that engine? I've never owned one, but as usual here, neither have most of the haters.
No hate from me. I canned the idea after doing a lot of research and uncovering quite a few problems. I would have loved to have a vehicle powered by one, but I didn't need to invest a small fortune to see if my homework was done correctly or not. It was easier and cheaper to can the idea. It might have been canned in the RAM pickup for the same reasons I canned it.

Back