Good price on eBay PP 5W-30

My purchase just arrived and hilariously it was drop shipped by Walmart! Idk if they are trying to clear up old inventory or what, but this is insane I got free gifts as well, $12 worth of Scott shop towels.

All this for $115 (Actually $112 because I used my PayPal card and got 3% cash back)

So new “price” is (because I actually needed shop towels) is $16.66 per jug if you subtract the added value of the free gifts

21EAB4F6-883F-4D85-A354-C74A08B15CB9.jpeg

I bought a bunch from and he's a good dude, no idea how the hell he makes any money though. That's all he sells is the PP.

This is likely the seller manipulating the Walmart.com's ordering API for a disabled listing. If so, he would be 'making' about $12-15 each sale after fees. Probably not legal, to be honest. Price mistakes is one thing but this going behind the system to order it after the listing was pulled more than a year ago. All losses are taken by Walmart. A year+ of that at his sell rate is... a lot of losses.

the thread got deleted, but you can still find a thread on SD from Nov-2021.

Last edited:
This is likely the seller manipulating the Walmart.com's ordering API for a disabled listing. If so, he would be 'making' about $12-15 each sale after fees. Probably not legal, to be honest.

I seriously doubt it.

This is likely the seller manipulating the Walmart.com's ordering API for a disabled listing. If so, he would be 'making' about $12-15 each sale after fees. Probably not legal, to be honest. Price mistakes is one thing but this going behind the system to order it after the listing was pulled more than a year ago. All losses are taken by Walmart. A year+ of that at his sell rate is... a lot of losses.

the thread got deleted, but you can still find a thread on SD from Nov-2021.
I’m not feeling sorry for Walmart...they should proof read their ads before posting. Mistakes are common on WM.com

Sorry for initially tagging you before I edited my post, H_R, I was looking for your thread.

It really is astonishing how poorly WM's site is run given that they're such a large retailer.

If you still have it in cart after all this time, you wouldn't even need to mess with the API. WM pulled the listing to prevent add to cart but if it's already in cart, the quantity can adjusted and use WM Plus for free drop shipping. You can just play with tabs so you'd always keep a quantity in cart.

Anyone else remember this bundle being $2.17?

This is probably off topic though. Apologies.

Attachments

• Annotation 2023-02-19 180435.jpg
    Annotation 2023-02-19 180435.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 43
If you still have it in cart after all this time, you wouldn't even need to mess with the API. WM pulled the listing to prevent add to cart but if it's already in cart, the quantity can adjusted and use WM Plus for free drop shipping. You can just play with tabs so you'd always keep a quantity in cart.
You can't drop ship with Walmart+ , they are super aggressive about flagging "commercial activity" and they will terminate your Walmart+ account.

Sorry for initially tagging you before I edited my post, H_R, I was looking for your thread.

It really is astonishing how poorly WM's site is run given that they're such a large retailer.

Anyone else remember this bundle being $2.17?

This is probably off topic though. Apologies.
Seems like my old thread got deleted, like someone mentioned, I guess they’re purging them.

I had it in my cart for a while after it got pulled but when I went to check out it always gave me some error. I got 6 jugs and 6 rolls of towels from that “sale” and I still have 3 jugs and 4 rolls left. Didn’t even cost $15 for all that, lol.

Yeah at first I suspected drop shipping but the more i investigate this seems like Walmart themselves just getting rid of excess stock. But I can see it being either... I sure wish i got it for $2... LOL. But I am still glad to have gotton it for the price I did, at $17-$18 per jug i am more than pleased. Especially since I needed shop towels.

I am very aware of drop shippers and how they operate. So with that said, I always compare prices from all avenues before making a purchase. I apply coupon codes, etc to see if I can get a better price somewhere else. In all my research, the ebay listing was the best price i've personally ever seen on the Pennzoil Platinum.

I like to deal hunt, yesterday I bought some Fram Ultras from Advanced Auto Parts online and their 20% off sale with free shipping (over a certain price) made them cheaper than buying from Rock Auto which is really darn good in my opinion.

delete. it's none of my concern. No, it's not excessive stock - the shop towel bundle is a giveaway. you got a product at a price point you like, that's all that matters. cheers

Last edited:
ya i remember getting in on that deal in nov 2021, screaming deal i had it in my cart for like 4 months later and noticed it , was basically one button away from getting 12 jugs delivered , but trying to cheap out and get free delivery and somehow got deleted , i was pissed , oh well

Back