Lindstrom rx 8150 precision cutters - (3) for $51.80 [used]

Over on EBay ( <- click there) a seller is listing a 3-pack of precision cutters, used, for $51.80. He has sold 22 3-packs so far and has 10 3-packs left.
Lindstrom makes very hard metal cutters and one would likely last a lifetime. They’d sell for $100 a pair new.

PRODUCT DETAILS
  • Precision oval head diagonal cutters developed according to the scientific ERGO™ process, Oval head
  • ERGO™ handles with two-component combination, thermoplastic surface, for comfortable grip, on tough polypropylene core for rigidity
  • Micro-bevel, flush & ultra-cut
  • The cutting capacity that is given is for copper wire
  • Cutting capacity: 0.1 mm-0.8 mm to 0.4 mm-2 mm
  • High performance alloyed steel
  • Burnished finish
  • Numerically controlled machine grinding guarantees edge angle accuracy & contact, increases the tool's reliability & consistency
  • Precision induction-hardened edges 63-65 HRC
  • Screw joint minimises friction & maximises alignment of cutting edges
  • ESD safe handles in two-component synthetic material
  • Bio spring limits the tension throughout the working cycle of the tool & can be adjusted to 3 different positions or removed
  • Ideal for wire harness work & standard printed circuit board assembly

My only thought is why are they selling them (used) and how does he have a hundred?
not like ebay has a pic of the ones you are getting either.. just a random stock photo.

If as advertised and one lasts a lifetime why do we need 3? Nice price though.

My only thought is why are they selling them (used) and how does he have a hundred?
not like ebay has a pic of the ones you are getting either.. just a random stock photo.

If as advertised and one lasts a lifetime why do we need 3? Nice price though.
I’d guess some production line shut down. Jewelry uses small non-copper wire where you need a hardened cutter.

Back