good news for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it is good news but:
Quote:
Environmentalists fear that fluids or wastewater from the process, called hydraulic fracturing, could pollute drinking water supplies. The Environmental Protection Agency is now studying its safety in shale drilling. The agency studied use of the process in shallower drilling operations in 2004 and found that it was safe.

The EPA wants to regulate drinking water "for the children" so there is a good chance they will find some concocted reason to stop this.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
The EPA wants to regulate drinking water "for the children" so there is a good chance they will find some concocted reason to stop this.

The passage you quoted mentions a 2004 finding by the EPA that the method in question was safe in shallower operations. What was that? A plot to lull us into a false sense of security with respect to their motives, so that when they finally did try to choke us with our own children, we wouldn't see it coming?

Sooner or later, probably much sooner. The large masses are going to overcome the small masses and realize that the oil is there to use and we have to get it for use. We are probably the most technologically advanced country on the Planet, yet we fuel the machine, from a third world country gas station. Can anyone see the problem here?

You might not look forward to hydrofracking if your drinking water comes from the ground in one of these areas. You may have seen some of the videos of people lighting their drinking water on fire as it comes from their kitchen faucets. They pump tons of chemicals into the ground to get the gas out. One telling thing is that they will not reveal exactly what chemicals they are using.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

The passage you quoted mentions a 2004 finding by the EPA that the method in question was safe in shallower operations. What was that? A plot to lull us into a false sense of security with respect to their motives, so that when they finally did try to choke us with our own children, we wouldn't see it coming?

Yeah, because the EPA never changes their mind.
crazy.gif

Oh, yeah. I mean, why on earth would an organization keep its finger on the pulse of current science and act accordingly, right? So anti-freedom. Domestic terrorism writ large.

Good thinking there.

Quote:
I mean, why on earth would an organization keep its finger on the pulse of current science and act accordingly, right?

So now the EPA changing their mind is a good thing? I thought it was all conspiracy stuff to you? Please make up your mind.

Domestic terrorism? What in the world are you talking about??

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Sooner or later, probably much sooner. The large masses are going to overcome the small masses and realize that the oil is there to use and we have to get it for use. We are probably the most technologically advanced country on the Planet, yet we fuel the machine, from a third world country gas station. Can anyone see the problem here?

Very true...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back