Good alternative for EAO35 filter for 1 year oci?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks,

I was about to place an order with Amsoil for oil and filters for my truck ('98 F150 4,6, 131K) and my wife's car ('02 Focus ZX-5, 98K miles). I use XL 5-20 in my truck because I typically do short distance stop and go driving and the 6 month OCI works for this, but I use 5-20 signature for my wife's Focus, as she is driving 95% highway, averaging 20K a year. Anyway, Amsoil is out of the EAO35, and now that I think about it, they were out of stock a few months ago when I last looked. I was speaking with a friend and he mentioned using Hastings filters when he couldn't get an Amsoil filter. Is this a viable alternative, and if not what are my options? I am placing the oil order over the weekend so I can do the drain and fills next week. Any suggestions? cheers in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Dennis

Buy a Fram synthetic filter. Excellent filter, lot cheaper than an Amsoil one. Will do any interval the same.

Fram Ultra, Mobil 1, Napa Platinum, Wix XP, Royal Purple, Purolator Synthetic, Bosch D+, etc. All will work just as well as the Amsoil filter.

Use Wix or if space is not problem I've used the EA034. Amsoil sells Wix so you can order at the same time.

Napa Platinum
Purolator Synthetic
Fram Ultra

Would be my choices as all three above have synthetic glass media similar to eao filters.

Thanks for the replies folks. I think I may give the Napa Platinum a shot. I have to swing by Napa over the weekend anyway...

Cheers for all of the suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back